Wednesday, October 22, 2008

more things to remember

  • they are only kids.
  • they are only 5 and 3 years old.
  • they are tired out.
  • they don't nap most days.
  • they need naps so that makes the day longer and harder for them too.
  • they feel the excitement of moving too.
  • they also feel the stress and anxiety of moving just like we do.
  • they aren't getting as much time and attention b/c it is going to the house.
  • they need time and attention NO MATTER WHAT.
  • they are acting out b/c of all these things.
  • they are only little for just a brief moment in time.
  • they want my approval.
  • they need my approval.
  • they learn what they see.
  • they feel the tension.
  • they need to be hugged, kissed and loved even more now.
  • they need to be played with and read to.
  • they don't understand that things are crazy now and they should be quieter or more patient.

  • please remember to kiss them and tell them you love them.
  • please remember to hug them and tell them they are wonderful.
  • please remember they are moving too.
  • please remember they are only little once.... this is THEIR childhood... don't ruin it.
  • please remember they are little people and have feelings.
  • please remember to have some extra patients with them each day.
  • please remember to talk to them and not yell at them, they will listen better.
  • please remember they like to make messes it is fun. they don't do it to be mean.
  • please remember they are only toys... they are supposed to be played with and all over.
  • please remember they are learning every day. teach them well.
  • please remember this is the ONLY shot you have at doing this right.
  • DO NOT MESS THIS UP. IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU ARE GOING TO EVER DO IN YOUR LIFE!!!

7 comments:

Susan Z said...

I think my boys at three have been harder than they were at two. I have yet to decide if it is because I have blocked out the negatives of being two, or if they are just strongly opinionated and more able at three. My mantra lately has been "it is good to have independent, curious children...it is good to have independent, curious children..."

Unknown said...

That is a great post. It's hard to be a stressed out mom AND remember all those things. I think I will bookmark this post and read it when my kids are driving me crazy hehehe...thanks!

Heidi said...

Please remember that they are strong and can handle this. Remember to lighten up on yourself, it's ok. They will be ok. They have a mom who loves them enough to stop and think about how it's all affecting them. Great post.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Great post. Don't put too much pressure on yourself though! Just give them love and throw some cheerios on the floor occasionally. ;o)

jenn said...

((((((((HUGS))))))))
for you and the kiddos!

CrystalChick said...

What a great list of things to remember. I have one going all the time too but it's all about remembering to mail stuff and go to the bank and doc appts.
My kids are older. 15 and 24. My daughter will have to figure out some of those things with her 17 month old! I'm just the Mimi, I get to have all the fun. ;)

Kristi said...

I have printed out this list. thanks for the reminder.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~