Friday, February 13, 2009

HAPPY...

Happy day before Valentines day!!

I'm super stressed and have a million things that I think I should be doing and could be doing and NEED to get up and do... so here I sit. At the computer finding comfort in typing away and just letting all the thoughts in my head run out of my body through my finger tips and onto the screen.

I need to take a few big BREATHS and get myself together. I have realized that when I have a few things that I need to plan and get done, I just fold and do none of it... although I put it out of my "to do" list, it is still in my mind floating around STRESSING me out to no end. I used to think I was the kind of person that could hand a lot of responsibility and organize things to run smoothly and function in a purposeful manner... I can't.

I'm totally crashing down... I can't figure this out... I can't figure out a way to go, do, see and get done all the things that need to be done and that I want to do... without feeling like I'm going to just fall apart... I need to really make a plan and get things rolling... the sooner that I start to get things together and worked out and get things checked off my perpetual list of things to do... then I will start to feel much better... I hope.

So first things first is that I need to get away from the computer and straighten up my parents house, then I am going to work on some stampin' projects... that I need to do... then I'm going to work on making a list of all the things I need to get going on... and I'm going to get going on them.

Take one step at a time....

12 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it. I know you can. Make your list. Prioritize your list. Then pick 'em off, one at a time.

Jennifer said...

That's right-- one step at a time.

Have a great weekend. :)

Brandy said...

I have problems pulling myself away from the computer too. LOL!

Good luck!

And when you get time drop by to enter my giveaway!

jenn said...

Make sure you put time for yourself on that list!

Missy said...

I agree with Jenn!!!! Where is "you" time on that list!!???


You need to look at your list of to-do's like this

First-so what if the laundry doesn't get done today, or there are toys on the floor... the world isn't going to crash if the list isn't completed, is it?

Secondly, is whatevers on your list- is it helping you achieve your goal? For example, his parents are coming for dinner...

you need to buy groceries

wash the bath tub

dog needs a bath

mop the floor

which of these can wait? the bath tub might have a ring and the dog smells like something died, so pull the shower curtain closed and keep the dog outside while the in laws are there. By doing this you have just knocked two things off your list for the day. Its not procrastination, its prioritizing. Does this make sense??

Then once you have your to do list shortened think, "how would you eat an elephant..?"

Answer: One bite at a time!!

So focus on the right here and now, so you don't get overwhelmed. One thing at a time!

And you have little ones there, delegate toy duty or "lets play house" and let them sweep or run around the kitchen floor with swiffer pads on their feet-that one just came to me. ha!

DON'T STRESS! Life is so short! Kids and the house will get dirty, money will be short at times, relationships will be strained- thats life, enjoy it, embrace it and breeeeathe!

All I can say is I have been there, I usually am there but I have to step back and take some "me" time and regroup and know that I am not going to let the house lead me, I will lead my house and in the long run, so what if alllll of my to do list isn't done. I'll just make a new one tomorrow! I have found out that if I reschedule it twice, I either pass it to someone who can do it quicker than me or I say the hell with it- its not getting done by me!
So remember if you reschedule more than twice - pass it off, drop it or just don't do it! I know sometimes thats easier said than done.

I hope your able to use some of these tricks to lighten your load! AND above all know that all of us goofy goobers are rooting you on and cheering you on!! :-D

Many hugs to you!

Take care and know that we are here thinking of ya!!!
~Missy

Missy said...

sorry for the book :}

jenn said...

LOL!!!

Missy told an elephant joke!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

Aubrey said...

Oh girl! Sounds like you need to take a step back, look at everything on your plate and figure out what's most important! Hang in there!

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

AndreaLeigh said...

baby steps, girlie! i totally identify with you. when i get really stressed out, i just want to get on the computer and ignore everything else. but what i really need to go is get busy. good luck with your to-dos!

Unknown said...

Are you okay? Need to talk to someone? If so - I'll send you my phone number. Just say the word. If not - then I miss you and how come you're not posting?

jenn said...

Where you at, girlie???

jenn said...

I tagged you on my craft blog...come out of hiding and play along!!!!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~