Saturday, June 30, 2007

Crappy Mom!

I'm a crappy mother! I am. I was just sitting with Trevor watching some tv. I was looking at him and how big he is getting and how much he is not a baby any more. Even though he is only 3 1/2 yrs old. He is tall, and his feet are getting big. His hands don't look so much like baby hands anymore. He is growing so fast. So, I said to him "You are getting so big. Mommy just can't believe it" and his reply was "I know I'm getting so big. That's why you don't read me a bedtime story any more."
Choke. I had to swallow this big lump in throat that would have been some crying. I couldn't believe it. That was horrible. He isn't too big for bedtime stories. He never will be too big for them. I love spending that time laying with him reading to him. He gets so into the story and so excited to have a book read to him. I love it. We have been skipping it lately, but only because we have been letting him stay up late(r) b/c of not having to go to school. I feel so bad. I don't want him to think he is ever too big for something like that. Like too big for stories, books, kisses and hugs. He will never be too big. NEVER. You bet your bottom that today he gets a story at nap time and at bed time no matter how late it is. I have to get more on the ball. I'm a crappy mom. I should have read him a story last night too... who cares if it was a little bit late. Reading a story only takes a few mins and it is so good for him. Educational wise it is good for him, and to know that he isn't too big for it... and that time that we get together just before he goes to bed.
I'm sorry Trev. Today I will read to you... tomorrow too, and the next and the next. Until you can read me the story... and even then, if you want me to read it, I will.
I suck sometimes at this whole mother thing.

0 comments:

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~