Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Today...

Today... it was an awesome day! Although Trevor and Bryan weren't here to share it with us, we made the best of it. Brooke & Lauren and I played all day today, we played with their babies and their new Rose Petal Cottage and we read some books and we did a big Diego puzzle and all day we just played, laughed and sang and had an awesome time.
Now, this may seem strange to you that something so simple as playing with your children makes it an awesome day and something post worthy... but really it does. I love my kids and I love being home with them, and playing with them too. But, I always feel like there is something I should be doing with the house or other responsibilities instead. So, while I do play with them every day it isn't really that much play time I give them. Sad. I know. I want to enjoy every minute of them. Of the girls and Trevor too. I want to be a better Mommy. I want to play and laugh and read and have every day be as good as today was. It was so fun, and it meant the world to me to actually spend that quality time with them today. I guess they are right when they say it isn't the quantity that counts it is the quality.
I also picked up Trevor from school today. Something that I know he loves and enjoys and saves him time on the bus, and gets him home a lot sooner. But, I don't always do because the girls are usually napping and quite honestly there is things I can get done, instead of driving out to the school. But, really it only takes a little bit of time, and it makes my little man happy, so that is what I did and that is what I'm going to do at least 2 times a week. The time will come when I will be working and won't be able to pick him up from school or even worse, there will come the time when he is too old for his mom to pick him up from school. So while I can I'm going to do it.
This is my year. 2008 is my new beginning, the fresh start I needed to be a better person, to be a better Mom and a wife, to be happier and do more things to make my family happier too. I also want to be a better daughter and sister, and a better friend. I only have one shot at this life, and being a mom and a wife, and all... so I'm giving it my all.

2 comments:

Radioactive Tori said...

I know exactly what you mean. It takes so little to make them happy, why not go for it. My kids hate taking the bus, and I promised them I would drive them to school a few times a week if I can and also pick them up at least once a week. It made them so happy that I can't believe I didn't do this sooner!

Hope you had a happy new year!

Momisodes said...

What a great post :) Sounds like you have a spring in your step and the year is starting off on the right foot :)

you must share how the rose Petal cottage is going...

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~