Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More help...

Bryan's grandfather, Drew, has been in the ICU at our local hospital for about 2 wks, he has been having a lot of medical problems, and they finally got him to go to the hospital. He wasn't a happy camper nor a very cooperative patient while there, but they did their best. He has been filling up with fluid, the first day he was in the hospital they were able to drain 6 liters from his body. He keeps filling up again though. He has congestive heart failure. They told him he had to have open heart surgery or he would die. Laying it all out like that gave him little to no chance of not doing it. He is going to Suffern, NJ today to have some tests done and to prepare him for the surgery. He is older and not in great health so the surgery, like any surgery poses risks for him. Although Bryan is pretty closed mouth about his feelings, I can just tell by his quietness and his sober mood that he is so worried about his grandfather, as we all are. I just worry even more about Bryan because he keeps it all in. That is so hard to do, to carry all the weight of your worries on your own. Please keep Bryan and his grandfather in your thoughts and prayers as he has this surgery, that he will be okay and make it through like a champ. Also that he will start to take better care of himself and take his meds, go to the doctor when he needs to and get some tests done that he has been refusing.

Thank you again, for all your support and thoughts!

10 comments:

Em said...

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Momisodes said...

Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry to hear. You are such a sweet, and caring woman. although Bryan is stoic about all of this, I'm sure you are still a pillar of strength for him. I hope his grandfather's strong will, will pull him through this tough time. Bryan and his grandfather are in my thoughts....hang in there.

Brittany said...

Your family will be in my prayers!

Marla said...

My thoughs and Prayers are with your family...


You need this more then I did...

BIG HUGS!!!
My Friend,
Marla

Anonymous said...

He'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I had to go through a similar thing with my grandfather about 10 years ago and it is a very difficult, stressful thing.

Angela said...

Oh, Jenn! So sorry to hear this! You and your family are definitely in my prayers!

Nick & Lizzy said...

Sending up prayers for all of you!

Jill Leigh said...

Drew is on my prayer list. I have been praying more these past few days than I ever have my whole life. Stay strong. I am here for you if you or Bry need anything. If you want me to stay with the kids so you can go see him.Just let me know. I love youuuu

Laski said...

I will put the whole family on my prayer list. It is quite difficult to watch anyone you love go through pain, but men are a special breed in terms of dealing with their emotions. I'm sure you give him comfort--and you may not even know just how much right now--but I'm sure he finds his strength in you.

God bless . . .

Crystal said...

Thoughts, hugs and prayers coming your way sweet!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~