Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pump Up The Jam!

Pump up the jam
Pump it up
While your feet are stompin'
And the jam is pumpin'
Dinner time conversation tonight:
~
Trevor: This meat is good.
~
Mommy: I'm glad you like it.
~
Trevor: Yeah it is good.
~
Mommy: Do you know what animal it came from?
~
Trevor: It doesn't come from animals. It is hybrid. Bees make it and it turns to meat.
~
Mommy: Oh. Really. I thought it came from animals, like pigs, cows or chickens.
~
Trevor: oh. so where does this come from?
~
Mommy: Where do you think it comes from? It's pork. Does it come from a pig, a cow or a chicken?
~
Trevor: The first one.
~
Mommy: A pig? (Trevor shakes his head yes) You are right, pork comes from a pig.
~
Trevor: How do you get ketchup?
~
Mommy: From tomatoes.
~
Trevor: How do you get ranch dressing?
~
Mommy: ~reads the back of the bottle to him~
~
Mommy: Where do pine cones come from? What kind of tree.
~
Trevor: Christmas tree.
~
Mommy: How do you get apple juice?
~
Trevor: From apples.
~
~This continued you on for a while. Then all of sudden....
~
Trevor: Where do you get little boys from?
~
Mommy: From Heaven. ;)
~
Trevor: No! (laughing at me) They come from a belly.
~
Mommy: Right. Where do little girls come from?
~
Trevor: From Heaven! :)
~
Mommy: (smiling) from mommy's belly too!
~
Trevor: oh! babies come from bellies, right?
~
Mommy: yep. You came from mommy's belly, then once you were out, Brooke & Lauren started to grow in there and then they came out. You were in there all by yourself and then Brooke & Lauren were in there together, at the same time.
~
Trevor: really? Did you have to pump real hard?
~
Mommy: (trying not to giggle) What do you mean did I pump real hard?
~
Trevor: You know. PUMP. You have to pump to get your baby out. Then your baby comes out your belly.
~
Mommy: Well I did push hard. Is that what you meant?
~
Trevor: Yeah.
~
Mommy: And none of you came out of my belly.
~
Trevor: oh. well didn't we pop our of your belly when you pumped, I mean pushed us?
~
Mommy: You guys came out a different way, like how you go to the bathroom but a little bit different.
~
Trevor: Oh. That's disgusting. I'm glad that the girls came out that way and I came out your belly.
~
Mommy: (trying again not to giggle) You came out the same way that the girls did honey.
~
Trevor. Oh.
~
yeah. this type of dinner talk and questions and they are only four and two. I can't imagine what we'll talk about in a few years. ;)

14 comments:

jenn said...

hehehehehehe.....

Allie said...

Kids are so funny, I told Nicholas he came out of my bottom (I didn't want to say vagina), J looked at me and then said, now I have to explain that one to Princess...ha ha ha.

just jamie said...

Wow. That's quite a conversation.

He's FOUR and he said it was a hybrid ... from bees? Brilliant!

Stephanie said...

Too cute! I love conversations like that, minus where babies come from part of the talk part. My girls know where they come out, but I don't think any of them know how they got in, and I am glad they have never asked.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God...that is too funny!! I don't know how you continued to have the conversation without bursting out in laughter!

Texasholly said...

Too funny. You've changed colors since I have been here...looks great!

~RaenWa~ said...

LOL that would have been a great conversation to be there for your son is so cute

Momisodes said...

Oh boy!!! LOL! They are such inquisitive and creative creatures :) What a sweetheart Trevor is. "Hybrid"- Too clever!!!

Laski said...

Wow. You were so composed! I have no idea what I would say. "Go ask your father." Um. "Here, look at this picture book." Or, "Go ask Aunt Becky." Ugh.

Trevor is such a smart one. You may be in for it, mom. But, in a very good way!

Crystal said...

OMG!!!! That is just TOO funny!!!

jenn said...

I've got my friendship friday post ready for tomorrow. How about you?

J said...

lol The good thing here is that I never did have to explain that one to Princess. Yay!!

Crystal said...

WE MISS YOU!!!!! Hope your doing well! Just came by to check on you;o)

Allie said...

Where have you been? I did a questions post, you get to ask me anything. I'm waiting for your questions my love.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~