Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What the???

Really!


What the???


Today I was reading some blogs from my rollin' with the homies!!
(or whatever I have it labeled!lol)

Kellan is new on my list, but we are becoming fast friends! I feel I
have known her FOREVER! She is honest and hilarious and a great
mom!! (go check her out... go ahead, I'll wait.... )

Well today her post is so freakin' funny and so relateable, I'm sure
we all have a story like this one...

That is reason for my post today... my story like hers just happened
this past Saturday...

Bryan had to work, so Heather (hubby's cousin and my BFF) went with
me and the kids to my friends Kathy & Louie's triplet sons' pre-k
graduation! Thank God for Heather! So it was in this school I have
never been in and it was packed... we started off in the auditorium...
then after the ceremony went to the dungeon cafeteria. We were
there for ETERNITY a little while for everyone to chat and take pics
with the teachers and what not. There were lots of kids and people
every where. As we were getting ready to finally leave, some of our
group went towards one door while others were saying we should
leave out the other door.

My kids followed the group going out one door, which was going back
into the school. So I walk over by Lou some others looking for my
children.

I ask... "Where is Trevor?" (since is the one that would think nothing
of going off with whom ever or on his own)

They all point to him. Okay relief.

Then I ask, Heather, where Lauren is... she has her. Okay... good!

Then I notice that Brooke is no where to be seen. I start to panic a
little bit. She is usually glued right to my big fat butt hip. I ask
Heather where she is, I don't wait for an answer, I ask the group
standing before me... Does anyone see Brooke? I am getting really
worried. I have Trevor right in front of me, Heather is holding onto
Lauren...

BUT...

OH. MY. GOD!!

Where is Brooke??

People are leaving, I start to panic more and more... everyone is just
looking at me. I start to look around the room, I am feeling really
stressed and over whelmed... why is everyone just standing there...
I start to think, what if she went outside, what if she is off in the HUGE
school, where the hell could she be?? What if someone took her??
Everyone is still just standing there looking at me... when I finally
realize just where Brooke is...

Brooke is....

right....

in....

my....

arms!!

duh!!

And she wasn't hiding... she was there the whole time.

So, it is official...

I. HAVE. LOST. WHAT. WAS. LEFT. OF. MY. MIND!!!


To console me, after laughing at me, my dear sweet Heather
tells me, Oh. I have done that before with my cell phone... or my
sunglasses.

Oh. thank you. But seriously have you ever done it with a 29 lb
child on your hip???


ugh!

20 comments:

Angela said...

Haha, this gave me a laugh!
And I didn't see it coming!

I am glad you found, er, realized :)

Jennifer said...

angela,

you just wait till you have two running around!! lol :)

i couldn't believe how long it took me to figure out that I was holding her!!

oh my goodness... my brain is fried for sure!!!

:)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I can totally see it happening. It's really like the glasses on your head thing only on a slightly larger scale.

{sue} said...

I HAVE done that! it's been awhile, but I had my baby right on my hip and I was running around looking everywhere for him!

I just recently found Kellen too ~ love her! Now I have to go read her story!

Angie's Spot said...

Hilarious! I've had that happen before too and it's so embarrassing. What brain I had left after 2 pregnancies has slowly been leaking out of my ear as my toddlers get older. I figure I'll be a babbling idiot by the time they graduate high school. :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning! Holly is so great. I wish I had an ounce of her talent & creativity! I'm adding you to my list too, so we can become fast friends! :-)

Kellan said...

I was on the edge of my seat with this story and they when you said you were holding her - relief and then laughter! I get it - I do!!!!

Thanks for the shout out - I've so enjoyed getting to know you! Take care - Kellan

Sally said...

Yep, I think you're right - we are related! hahaha

Momisodes said...

ROFL!!!! Oh Jenn, I'm sorry to laugh. But I'm only laughing because I know I would probably do the exact same thing :)

You poor thing though. What. a. SCARE! I'm sure those few minutes feel like it shaved a few years off your life.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

That's the life of a mom. I love that I'm not the only one. Isn't this the WHOLE point of the blogosphere?

Kellan said...

Hey Jennifer - Yes, I have twin girls that are 16 now. They are monoamnionic identical twins. I think I read you bio, but I guess I didn't comment on your twins. How sweet that they are 2 - what a fun (and exhausting) time!! I miss those baby twins, but love my teenage girls - love um!!!

Thanks for coming by today - see you soon - Kellan

Indy said...

It was a relief to read that she was in your arms. I was hoping she didn't run off. Oh boy!

Anonymous said...

You know, I was going to say that I had done that with my glasses before...but somehow I didn't think you'd be comforted by that. :-)

I think after that, you need a big drink.

Stephanie said...

I am sorry to laugh at your pain. But that was funny. My mil and my mom have done this. At least my mom is only 47, mil is 62.

It's okay you are entitled, you have 3 young children and twins at that!

Jaime said...

This is so funny! I can totally see myself doing this!

Unknown said...

Either your hip is numb with child or she just spends so much time there that she's like part of the furniture. At least as much as a child can be considered furniture. Not that you're necessarily covered with furniture, I mean, houses have furniture and I'm certainly not calling you big as a house or anything like that, but I'm just sayin'. What AM I saying? I have no idea. I started out with an idea and it just seems to have gone south or something and now I''m left with this rather insulting comment and I don't REALLY want to start this all over again because there's no telling WHERE it's going to go if I give it another chance so I think I'll just stick with this one and hope you realize that for a first comment by a total stranger this really sucks. And I apologize.

Rhea said...

ROFL That's bad. Wow. I have done it with a cell phone or sun glasses but never a child. hehe

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Oh my!!! I have done this with my keys, etc.. but NOT my kids. This is too stinking funny!

KEEP BELIEVING

Lindsey said...

I really miss my mind, don't you! Funny story. I do stuff like this ALL THE TIME!!! Glad the children were safe:)

Indy said...

Thanks for adding me to your blog roll. You are the first person to ever ask me. I have arrived. :) Thanks for making my night!

Crystal said...

YES!!!! I'VE DONE THAT TOO!!!! LOLOLOL!!!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~