Thursday, August 14, 2008

Holding hands

Brooke & Lauren were outside playing... I was in their room cleaning and organizing... I could see them right out the windows and I could hear them... then all of a sudden the chatter was quiet... I looked out and couldn't see them.

Thinking that they were under the swing set and I just couldn't see them or hear them or that maybe they were in the play camper, I went out onto the porch to call to them. Not in any panic what-so-ever. It was less than a minute ago that I saw them climbing up the slide.

I go and I'm standing on the porch and before I call them, I see them. They are walking in the high grass behind the swing set... they are headed for the horse pasture. UGH!

I yell to them, "Girls, what are you doing?" And they keep on walking. I say a little louder as I'm heading off the porch... "Lauren & Brooke, where are you going?" They turn around... and I'm almost to the swing set by then, I say to them, "where are you going?? you cannot be down here, there is prickers and branches and you are in the high grass where there are ticks and all kinds of bugs. Come on get back over here now." They are coming back now... I help them both out of the high grass, avoiding the branches with their nasty prickers.

I stop them, as they are walking up the house to tell them, they they cannot go by the horses. One, there is prickers and bugs in the high grass... you are going to get hurt.
Two, there is electric fencing around the horse pasture you will get hurt really really badly if you touch it.
Three, the horses don't know you if you go by them they may try to bite or kick you and you would get hurt really badly then too.
Forth, I have told you a bunch of times that you cannot go over there. You have to listen to Mommy... I have rules to keep you safe.

So then Brooke says... "Well, we wanted to see the horses." And I said I understand that but you can't just go over there... and you definitely cannot go by yourselves.

Lauren pipes up and says "Well, I was holding Brookie's hand. And we wanted to see the horses."

It was like... duh, mom! We were together and we were holding hands gosh!! What is the problem??


I love toddler reasoning... some days at least. lol

14 comments:

Kellan said...

What a cute story - HA! They have minds of their own and sometimes they are sure they are right - how cute!

Havve a good day - Kellan

Crystal said...

Heehee. How come WE can't reason like that anymore?!?!

Allie said...

LOL, how cute, they were going to take care of each other. I never had a sister, only 2 brothers so I never trusted my siblings, they would have thrown me off a bridge if they thought they could get away with it.

Stephanie said...

Ha! I understand that reasoning and that tone that says "gee ma your stupid" I so love that tone. I will be getting it for at least another 17years.

jenn said...

That is sooo sweet!

Pregnantly Plump said...

How cute! I love stories like these, they make me jealous that i never had a brother or sister.

Momisodes said...

Aww, that is so sweet! I suppose it is like cross a road. You be careful and hold someone's hand :)

They are just so precious!

Angie's Spot said...

They had a well-articulated argument for going. LOL!

Rhea said...

Aww! The days when holding hands made everything seem safe. So sweet.

Milly said...

So Precious

Indy said...

So sweet.

Heather said...

They are so cute and innocent. And they are growing up so fast.

Donna said...

My oldest sister and my oldest cousin crossed an intersection by themselves...holding hands...lolol it was 1954...my sister was 7...hahaha....my Dad almost had a Stroke!!!! My Mother was ironing in a back bedroom when they snuck out the front door.....happy day sweetie!hughugs

Anonymous said...

lol...well, in a way it makes perfect sense! Too cute!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~