Monday, September 29, 2008

5 years ago...

At 7:10 AM five years ago, I was holding a beautiful brand new baby boy. I can't believe it has already been five years since Trevor came into this world. Every day is a brand new adventure with him, and he is growing and changing so much. I'm afraid to close my eyes because I don't want to miss anything.
~
I don't even know where to start with just how amazing he is. At five years old he is very articulate and can express his feelings and thoughts very well. He is good at following directions to do something and is really good at hand & eye coordination and also building things with his hands and putting things together. He is great at catching on to things and learning new things every single day even with out being taught them directly, he is just so smart. He is doing great in kindergarten, and seems to really enjoy his time there. He is learning a lot too. He doesn't always want to talk about his day... as in we ask him how his day was and what he did and he will say it was okay and he did nothing. Always seems like the standard response. Usually at a later time he will tell us something great he did in school and he will be very animated about it and excited to share his story. :) I love those stories!
~
He is drawing and pictures are the BEST drawings ever!! They are all so detailed and very cool. And they all have a story to go along with them. I love all the things he doodles and draws and I must confess that I save. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. he draws or writes. EVERY ONE!!! ;)
~
He is a big mush. He is still a mushy guy. He has always been affectionate and I'm so glad that isn't changing. He loves to hug and kiss and is pretty willing to share those with almost any one, that is family or friend. He has a great laugh and it lights up his entire face. He is getting more into "boy sense of humor" such as laughing at bodily functions... hysterically!!
~
He loves his dog. Zoe & Trevor are the best of friends. Every day he has to love her and pet her and make sure he gets some wild rough housing time in with her. And she, of course, loves him too. I wasn't really crazy about the thought of getting a dog, but I gave in because I knew how much Trevor and Bryan really wanted one, and now I'm so glad we have Zoe, she is a good companion to Trevor. (and the rest of us too)
~
So today my baby boy, my first born turns five. This is going fast for me. I know in a short time I will be watching him go through other changes in his life and growing up way too fast. I wish there was a way to slow things down just for a little while. Since there isn't any way to slow down time, I guess I just have to learn to take in every moment with him now. All the hugs and kisses, all the times we lay in his bed together reading stories before bed, all the GIANT hugs when I get him from school and the BIG smiles too... and the excitement in his voice when he wants to tell me something fascinating. I breath him in and hold it there, this is my boy. My amazing, loving, caring, smart, handsome, beautiful, talented, crazy, loud, energetic boy. And I wouldn't want him any other way...
~
Happy Birthday baby boy, I love you!
~
xoxoxo Mommy

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREVOR!!!!

jenn said...

Happy birthday trevor!

What a wonderful tribute to an amazing little man! My first born will be 13 in a few weeks, and I can't beleive how fast he's grown.

Give the little man a hug for me!

Allie said...

Happy Birthday Trevor!!!

They grow up so fast.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Trevor!!! It's hard to believe every year they get bigger.

Pregnantly Plump said...

What a beautiful post! Hope he has a happy birthday and that you guys all have a great day!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Aw, I love these posts. Happy Birthday, Trevor!

Rhea said...

Happy Birthday to Trevor!! What a sweet post. I love that you save all his drawings. You need to scan some of them and put them on the blog. I've been doing that with Remy's drawings, and then making people guess what he was drawing. hehe

I haven't seen you in a while so I thought I'd come say hi.

Momisodes said...

What a beautiful, sweet post for Trevor. Hope he had a wonderful Birthday!!!!

Big hugs from us here in Boston!

Crystal said...

Aaawww;o) That was just too sweet. Happy belated birthday Trevor!!!!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~