- start with stuff we aren't using now... summer clothes/beach stuff things like that
- start in the kids rooms (they have a LOT more stuff it seems than we do in our room)
- go through EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that I'm packing and get rid of things
THINGS TO GET RID OF:
- clothes that are too small, or don't wear... donate or give to others.
- toys they have out grown, list on Craig's list, give away or donate
- broken toys ~ throw out!
- happy meal toys ~ throw out!
- things that we haven't used or touched since we moved here 6 yrs ago!!!
BACK TO THOUGHTS ON PACKING:
- pack clothes, blankets, toys all non-fragile things first
- LABEL!! LABEL. EVERY. SINGLE. BOX... top and sides!
- clean this house as I pack things up to help with the last cleaning before we leave
- pack as many boxes as I have every day that I have boxes
So these are my thoughts for now about packing. My mom and Bryan are worried I'm getting over my head with packing... no pun intended! ;) I think of it as I HAVE to start now!! There is no other choice! Bryan even said to me last night that he is thinking maybe we could be in the new house by November 1st!! NOVEMBER FIRST PEOPLE!!! I'm excited!! ... but!! I have an entire house to pack up!! I think there is no other way to get all this done the way I want to do it... organized, sorted out and cleaned then to pack every. single. minute I have free from doing other things toward the move.
I'm off to pack!! :)