Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas Ideas

I have been at the computer for almost 45 minutes now trying to find some ideas for the kids for Christmas. There isn't anything!!

Well of course there is all the damn things they see on tv commercials and NEED or WANT... but those aren't anything GREAT, grand or spectacular!! I need something that is a WOW gift. We have a house FULL of random things, and I hate buying things just to have something to give them. I want something they will LOVE and use and play with and possibly learn from.

I need ideas for all three of them... for Trevor who is 5 and Lauren and Brooke who are 3. I looked on the Leap Frog website and found some ideas, but not a lot and I looked on the V-tech site and found a few as well, but I'm not WOWed yet.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Anything that you have bought your children or grandchildren and the LOVED I would take into consideration for a gift for my spoiled rotten children. They are so spoiled they are starting to stink...

Thanks for any suggestions!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought my two boys, ages 3.5 yrs and 20 months, a bunch of Lego Duplo blocks and two Lego tables on which to build things upon. They love to build with blocks. And as for something that they already have and LOVE, I would say the Melissa and Doug Easel- my kids love the chalkboard (big mess but hours of entertainment) and the dry erase board too. Check out my mommy review website http://thewisemommy.com for some more ideas especially for your three year old.

Good luck though, I find that it's slowly getting harder and harder to find things that will get played with for more than a day. Plus stuff is getting so damn expensive!

Pregnantly Plump said...

I agree about the Legos, but just because I'm that type of wife, Bob's CD is great for kids ages 5-8. It teaches kids about the weather and some geography in fun ways. Thrifty Mommy is going to have a giveaway of one pretty soon and we are planning on having another giveaway closer to Christmas. You'll definitely have to enter!

Momisodes said...

I think this year we're keeping it simple. I found a few board games and DVD's at Toys r us on sale earlier last month. That's about all we're putting under the tree. I think this year we're hoping to teach our daughter to give to others. She'll be donating some of her toys to some other needy children.

jenn said...

The big thing under our tree will be bikes for the girls. Ryan is harder to shop for....so who knows. I can offer no suggestions for your kiddos. I honestly don't remember what my kids got at that ago...probably just a bunch of junk!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

This year we're getting bikes and the Wii. That is all!

Susan Z said...

I will probably hold off on bikes another year here, but I am excited that my MIL is getting dress-up clothes. She found a kit that has a fireman, policeman and other things...but you might consider that because it is great for the imaginative play. If your girls love dolls you might consider a doll house if they don't have one (it would be more stuff but they might enjoy it since 3 year olds are really just beginning the action play things with dolls). I am considering getting my two headphone tape/CD player things if I can find some I like that look tough and are priced right. They want everything they see also.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~