Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey!!

~Happy Thanksgiving!~

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day filled with lots of family, love, health, joy, laughter, food and drink! :)

Bryan is off hunting this morning... and I'm hoping that he (finally) gets a deer. It has been a LONG hunting season. :S

The kids and I are up and working towards getting ready for breakfast and then getting ready to go to my parents house... we are even getting chauffeured, which is very nice. My Dad will be picking us up. :)

Last night I went over to their (my parents house) to help work on food prep for today. We made the coleslaw, the sweet potatoes, peeled the white potatoes, veggie platter and stuffed celery, my mom also baked two pumpkin pies. She usually does a lot of the work, if not all, by herself, which sucks. I feel like it should be a group effort since we all enjoy eating, we should help prepare it. So today when we go over I'll try to help with other food prepping as much as I can.

On another note... there are many things I'm thankful for, and not just today, always.

Here are a few of them:

  • My children
  • my parents
  • Bryan
  • my family ~ all of it
  • my friends
  • our health ~ may not be the best, but we are working on it
  • being able to be a SAHM (stay at home mom)
  • being able to share this holiday with my family
  • laughter
  • forgiveness
  • help from family & friends
  • love
  • blogging & all my wonderful friends here
  • lower gas prices (NOT even kidding)

Some things that Brooke is thankful for

  • books
  • Trevor & Lauren
  • Zoe & Nalla
  • Mommy & Daddy
  • her favorite book ~ Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • pumas

Some things that Lauren is thankful for

  • toys
  • Brooke & Trevor
  • Santa
  • Mommy & Daddy
  • Diego
  • books

Some things that Trevor is thankful for

  • Zoe
  • Mommy
  • Daddy
  • Grandma
  • Grandpa
  • my friends
  • books
  • toys
  • my teachers
  • my home
  • my room
  • my cat Nalla
  • my cousins
  • my baseball stuff
  • the earth

I love all their answers!!

I think they each did a good job expressing what they are thankful for. I did ask the girls "What makes you happy?" instead of what are you thankful for... I think it was easier for them to answer that way. Trevor, though, I asked him what he was thankful for because they have been talking about it in school.

2 comments:

Momisodes said...

I just love the lists! The very hungry caterpillar is also a huge favorite in our house :) I love that Trevor included his teachers and EARTH on his list :) What a sweet, clever boy.

You are such a sweetheart helping out the day before to prep. I hope everyone had a lovely meal and a wonderful day together this Thanksgiving :)

jenn said...

Trevor didn't mention he was thankful for his sisters? That's too funny! I love that you asked them that question. And I love that you have so many things to be thankful for. We are both lucky to have wonderful families that love and support us. I am thankful for your friendship. You bring a smile to my face with your neverending comments, :), and you are always here to listen. It's funny how you can cherish someone so much that you haven't ever "met".

I hope you are enjoying your day!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~