Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Internal Snooze Button

This morning Bryan got up, got ready and headed out the door, kissing me goodbye. Usually that is when I get up and start to do some things around the house and get the kids moving to take Trevor to school.

I guess this morning my internal snooze button got pushed, because instead I just laid in bed for a second thinking that I should go check the laundry... then all of a sudden Trevor is in my room telling me that my cell phone was ringing.

I get up, look at the clock and see that it is 8:28 AM... time that we would already be leaving the house to head to school. UGH! How did that happen??? Usually the kids are up early too. On weekends we can't ever sleep later than 7:30 AM because they are all up by then. Some times they are even up before seven. (yeah. can you imagine??)

So, I guess we all needed the extra rest. I was going to stress about it and try to make everyone get ready quick and rush around and take Trevor to school, but we are just going to stay home and do some more decorating for Christmas. I got some cleaning done yesterday and some organizing, moved around the furniture and threw out some things... and last night hung some pretty icicle lights around the living room, so today we will do MORE!! yay!! :)

have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

jenn said...

Icicle light in the living room? Sounds so pretty!

Everyone deserves a personal day sometimes...my kids get them too. I would have done the same thing. In fact, I have! :)

Tammy said...

We start our day at 6:00 ugggg! The high school kid's live at 6:30. I'm not a morning person. A day off to hang around the house sounds wonderful.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~