Thursday, December 11, 2008

Today is better

today is a much better day, thankfully. i'm not sure what happened yesterday but it just seemed like NOTHING would go right and everything that could go wrong went TOTALLY wrong. i spent most of the day feeling like i could just burst into tears at any moment and have a complete breakdown.

I thank you all for you thoughts, kind words, love and support yesterday. all of your comments made my day that much better! thank you. it is amazing to have such a support system as all of you and not even know what any of your voices sound like but to have "heard" so many kind and encouraging words from you all.

today, i'm home with all three kids. there was a school cancellation because of weather, although it is warm-ish and raining they thought we were getting freezing temps so they canceled. better safe than sorry is the way to go in my book.

the kids are doing okay with behaving today. thank God! and i'm getting some stuff done around here... like a second coat of paint on 1/2 of the bedroom that we are moving into and got the floor cleaned up in there and one night stand moved down already. i have a lot more that i want to get done today so i better end this for now. i'll be around later.

thank you all again, you have no idea just how much your words mean to me. :)

8 comments:

Momisodes said...

I'm so sorry yesterday was so awful. Days like that can make anyone feel like they've reached their breaking point. I'm glad to hear that today is better though.
Hope everyone is warm and happy at home today.

Good luck with the painting!
*hugs*

Chrissie said...

I am so glad that you are doing better today! I know just how those days can be... Have a wonderful day! :)

AndreaLeigh said...

We all have those days! I'm glad to hear today is better. That is good news! Congrats on your productive day!

Stephanie said...

Glad you are feeling better. I kept the girls out of girl scouts the other night, it was snowing but not hard. But it had rained in the morning and the roads were wet, I figured by dark it would be icy. There is a very large steep hill in front of the Hastings House were Aidan's meetings are held (hard to believe in KS I know, but the area I live in is not flat). I didn't want to try and go up or down that hill if it was icy. I feel bad though because they did hold the ceremonies that night, even though I thought the weather was too bad to attempt to go. Mommy guilt is always there.

Hope you got everything you wanted accomplished today! Have a great night!

jenn said...

So glad you're feeling better...watching Survivor, so I'll be back....

Allie said...

I'm glad you had a better day today and I hope tomorrow is even better still. I know how much cranky kids can ruin a day so hopefully the behaving and stuff sticks around a few days, maybe you could send some of it my way.

Unknown said...

There are days like that for all of us. Glad you got through yours in one piece.

Michelle said...

Glad you are having a better day!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~