Tuesday, January 27, 2009

morning updates

Brooke slept in her own bed last night... which was good. I was concerned on how she would do, but she had been okay all afternoon and evening with no vomiting and we got her temp to go down. Most of all, she wanted to sleep in her "big girl" bed with her new sheets on it. I was beat. I did laundry and cleaning and more laundry and cleaning all day long. I had weekend laundry to catch up from and sick child laundry to do.

I fell asleep on the couch while the kids watched some tv. We got them in bed pretty early. It was before 8:30, I think. I could have been earlier. But then I thought I would watch some tv and just relax some, I fell right to sleep again.

Brooke was good all night. Bryan got up to check her... he said she was a little bit warm, but nothing major. This morning she came down stairs all by herself into our room to tell us she needed some Ginger Ale. So we got up with her then, and she was okay.

She did vomit again this morning, but it was mostly phlegm.... sorry to be descriptive, but I think that is just because it was morning time and she has that in her little body and it needed to come out. I'm hoping she doesn't vomit any more today.

She is still a little bit warm, but I'm holding off on giving her Motrin because we gave her some cough medicine, and I really HATE to give them meds. I especially hate to pump them full of them if A. they don't really need them and/or B. they aren't going to do anything. I sort of feel this way about the cough meds, but Bryan thought she should have them.

I have a headache again this morning, seems to be the norm lately, and my throat is a little sore/itchy... could be dry house, and I have one nostril that is clogged. I'm not feeling too perky but I still think it could be from lack of sleep.

Trevor is good. :) Thankfully!!

AND Lauren is good. :) Thankfully!!

AND Bryan has no man cold or other germs so that is GREAT!! ;)

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww, hope she feels better soon.

jenn said...

I'm glad she's doing a little better, and that so far she hasn't spread the sickies. Relax today...don't make yourself sicker. Us mommies don't get sick days! lol!

Missy said...

Jenns right!!!

Take care and rest as much as you can!!

Thinking of you all!

Pregnantly Plump said...

I hope she feels better and you guys have a great day.

Brandy said...

I'm so glad to hear she's feeling better. Now it's your turn.

Nina said...

I hate when the kids are sick. It is so hard to watch them when they are so miserable. I sure hope she gets better soon and no one else in your family gets sick.

I agree with you, cold medicines don't do anything.

Aubrey said...

Oh no! I hope she is feeling better a little better this afternoon. It wears everyone out! Get some rest!!

Jill Leigh said...

Awww poor Brookie. Well I hope my honey is feeling better. And I hope you're getting to relax a little today although I'm pretty sure you're not because you have all 3 kids. Darn snow days lol. And I know you're probly suprised I am on this again. You should be proud...I signed on today with the intentions of possibly starting a pregnancy blog just for you missy!!! lol. It's slow at work today so who knows, by 5 I might have started writing again! I love and miss you all! mwaaa

jenn said...

Hope you're okay....did the bug get you?

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! Hope she feels better.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~