Monday, January 26, 2009

Brooke Update

Brooke is sleeping... again. She has slept most of today. I guess that is good. Even if we are up all night long tonight... I just want for her to feel better. She must have needed this rest. She has not moved off the couch all day today.

She has kept down some Sprite and some water. But, now, she doesn't want anymore, well not now, now... because right now she is sleeping, but just before when I offered it to her, she didn't want any drink. I always worry so much about the kids getting dehydrated when they are sick. I always try to push fluids... but without making them sick. So I'm not really pushing her yet... she did drink and hopefully Bryan will be able to find Ginger Ale for her, she had to call him herself and request it. :)

We have all been having a lazy day. Which we all needed. I was going to keep Trevor home from school even before the night I had with Brooke. I think he needed one day of just hanging out and relaxing. We all had a long weekend.

We have watched. Tinkerbell, Cinderella III, Meet the Robinson's and now we are watching Terabithia (sp?).

I took Brooke's temp again this afternoon after a dose of Motrin, and it was 101.5 Not great but not horrible. And just before I came down to type this... I felt her head and she felt okay. It is hard to tell because she is under three fleece blankets, she keeps telling me she is freezing... must be because of the fever. Poor baby. :(

So that is all for now. I'm hoping when she wakes up again, to get her to drink some more. And, I'll take her temp again and maybe she will feel like having a nice bath... it always makes me feel better to take a shower... even when I don't feel sick... it just feels good. So maybe she would like a bath. I'll have to see what she thinks of that. Plus her and Lauren always take baths together so it would maybe be a treat for them to each get their own bath.

It has been really hard today to keep Lauren & Trevor away from Brooke, they both want to get right in her face and touch head or her hands and ask her how she is feeling. It is super sweet. They also keep asking her if she wants a drink or has to go potty or wants something to eat... or if she is cold or going to throw up. They are trying to take good care of their baby sister, but I really don't want them to get this... but chances are if they are going to get it even if I kept them away today they are going to get it. I just hope they don't.

Well I'm off to take care of more laundry... and check on my Brookie girl.

xoxo

3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh! I hope Brooke is in tip top shape soon!

While being sick stinks, some of my best cuddly moments with my mom were when I was sick. Nothing better than being cozy in my Winnie the Pooh blanket on the couch with y mom watching TV.

jenn said...

just checking in and sending more hugs...

Pregnantly Plump said...

Poor little girl. I hope all the sleep does her well, and that no one else gets sick!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~