Tuesday, April 21, 2009

rainy

it's rainy out. well not that it's really raining, but it could at any moment, and it has been sprinkling on and off all day.

today I went to the pre-school Lauren and Brooke will go to in the Fall and got all the paper work to fill out. I have it filled out, I'm gathering all the stuff I need copies of and taking it to my parents house tonight so my dad can make me copies. then tomorrow I'm going to pick up their shot records from their doctors office, and then take them and all the copies to the pre-school and hopefully they will be officially signed up/registered for pre-school. :) yay.

they will got to pre-school from 9 AM to 3 PM kind of a long day to start out, but that's what Trevor did and he was okay with it... although to be perfectly honest, he didn't go every day... and really there was only one week that he went for five days in a row. So we'll see how it goes with the girls and what I end up doing while they are in pre-school... I have some plans up my sleeve but am not saying what they are just yet... once I work some things out I will let you know what they are.

Also Trevor will be going to a new school in the Fall. I feel bad about this bc I didn't want him to have to change schools once he was there and made some friends and all, but he is good with it so I guess that is all that should matter. We talk about it every now and then and he seems fine to go to a new school and make new friends. I hope it works that smoothly for us. He is a great kid and really smart and well adjusted so I think he will make lots of friends and do fine. :)

The girls can ride the bus once they are four years old, which is only one month after school starts they turn four, so that will be kind of nice... some days they can take the bus and other days I can drive them... they will be picked up around 8 am and then dropped off around 4 pm makes it a LOT longer day for them, but I will most likely pick them up every day... just like I do with Trevor now. But we'll see.

When we went to get the paper work today for the pre-school both girls were really excited. They want to go to pre-school very badly. Lauren is a little more excited then Brooke, but both love to talk about when they go to pre-school and all the things that go along with it... like what they will take for lunch and what they will learn and how many friends they will make and all that... so it's a good thing. But when we went today... they were both excited all the way in the door... and happy happy happy!! Lauren even told the girl that helped us her name, Brooke was a little more shy and clingy to me... but did okay. Once we got the paper work I asked if we could see the classrooms, and they said sure... so up the stairs we went ~ we got to visit two classrooms ~ as soon as we started for the classrooms Brooke needed me to pick her up... which I did... no sense in making her upset/nervous while we are just visiting... Lauren was looking inside the class and when the kids said hi and bye to her she said it back. :) Lauren is a lot quieter and more easy going than Brooke and even more than Trevor, so I thought it would be hardest for her to go to pre-school away from Mommy, but she is ready. She is confident and happy about going. Brooke on the other hand is not going to be so easy to go. :( When we were leaving the pre-school building today I told them that they were both really good girls and thanked them for being on their best behavior ~ I said it must be bc you are both big girls ready to go to pre-school that you were so good. :) Aren't you excited to go to pre-school in the Fall?? Lauren said she was ready. Brooke said she was too little to go to pre-school. She isn't a big girl yet. :(

Well I guess time will tell how it will go with them and school. I'm also opting to have them in separate classes because next year in kindergarten they will be separated. In NY you have no choice in your multiple children being in a class together or not... they are automatically in two ~ or more ~ classes. So I figure why start them off together and make it harder next year... we'll start fresh with them being in two diff classes... it will be better in the long run. :)

i'm off to do a few things before getting my boy from school...

6 comments:

jenn said...

Good for you being all productive today! I'm glad the girls...mostly...want to go to school. It will be great for them. I know it will be hard for them to be separated, but in the long run, it is a good thing that they will have to do things on their own.

Have they said if they want to ride the bus? I know Brandi cried the first few days on the bus, but she adjusted quickly. I can't believe their day will be so long...Brandi's first year at 4k they only went for 3 1/2 hours. Are the girls going to be in a district pre-school, or a private one? What are your kindergarden hours? Brandi went full day 5k, but by 5 she was ready. 3/4 just seems so young....

I know whatever you decide to do ;D you will rock at it!!!!!

Missy said...

Hey Jennifer, Alex and Kasi(Jenns Kasi) went to K4 together, well Kasi was in morning and Alex was in afternoon but that was still neat!
Alex only had to go for a few hours in 4K!
His 5k was a full school day and he adjusted very well!

To make it easier for him, we just celebrated everyday-now that sounds cheezy but, every morning we got up and let him think he was picking his clothes out (from what I had laid out) and he helped dress himself (like "find" his shoes that were beside the front door) all the while we told him what a big boy he was and the BIGGEST thing was in the car he got to choose the "Drive to school" music! School was only a minute or two away.

I hate the freakin' wiggles so much i want to kick them in the head....BUT it made for a very happy 4 and then 5 year old!!!

So my advice is just celebrate, make it a party! I personally loved it!

BUT there were some days Alex really didn't give two flips if he was having a morning party or that he was being a big boy, some days HE wanted to kick the Wiggles in the head- BUT don't we all have those days we just don't wanna hear Miss Cheery Sunshine telling us how grrrreat today is going to be?!

Those not so fun mornings will happen just keep up the positive attitude and cheering them on, it gets easier!

Missy said...

Might I suggest a book that we think rocks and might be totally cool for you and Brooke to read, just you and her!

The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
Chester Raccoon was scared to go to school so Momma came up with the best idea EVER!

One of the reasons this book is so cool to us, I can't remember if I told you this before or not, but when I was a little girl I didn't want to go to sleep, for fear or whatnot. To help me sleep my mom would kiss me in the palm of my hand and tell me to hold it tight and she was with me all through the night. It worked, no more fear and I would fall asleep!
Also in our home we'd talk about Angel Suggies, which are freckles. The angels watched over us, kids, while we slept and would kiss us, then in the morning we'd have a new freckle.

So now many, many years later, I give birth to Alex and I almost flipped out when I noticed in the palm of his hand is a freckle!

So not only does he have an angel suggie but its where my mom would kiss me to calm my fear. Once you read the story of Chester Raccoon, you'll see how all this blends in!

I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!!!

Again SOOO sorry for a massive book!

jenn said...

OMG Missy...that is so neat, and wonderful, and just totally beautiful!

Hey jenn!~ :)

Unknown said...

Kids going off to preschool, and school, and college .... it all happens so fast ...

jenn said...

I gave you an award...come see!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~