Thursday, December 13, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blogging

I'm sitting here at the computer, with cold feet and hands! I hate the cold weather... I think the snow is beautiful when it is falling, and before it gets disturbed by vehicles. I love the way it looks so peaceful and just gorgeous! But, unfortunately it usually has to be cold to get snow! Yuck! Plus, the snow only looks beautiful, it lasts forever and it is messy and cold! It just makes doing anything or going any where such a pain in the butt, especially when you have three small children to drag along with you.
I do hope, though, that is looks this wonderful on Christmas day! You know there is nothing like a white Christmas! It just makes the day even more perfect!
Speaking of Christmas, we are getting really close! I have almost everything wrapped, I have to add a few more details to each gift and some tags, but that is fun to me. I love wrapping and decorating gifts! We are down to less than 2 weeks till Christmas, I still have some more decorations to put up, and we still don't have a tree, but I'm sure we will get one soon, maybe this weekend. (I hope) We also have to finish up some more shopping for everyone. I love shopping, but I dislike when the stores are over crowded this time of year, but tis the season! :)
I think this year is going to ROCK! Trevor is very much into Santa, although I'm not sure he really understands what will happen on Christmas morning... although we talk about Christmas coming and Santa coming and have been reading How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. I'm sure once he wakes up that morning, he will quickly catch on to what is going on and be so excited and anxious to open up all his presents. I cannot wait! Brooke and especially Lauren, were afraid of Santa when we saw him in the department stores. Brooke would at least look at him for a minute or two and say hi and/or bye to him, Lauren, on the other hand, wouldn't even look at him let alone say anything to him. So, when we would be talking about Santa coming to our house soon and all that, they would start to cry and get upset and say "No Santa, NO!" Finally there were some cartoons with Santa in them, like Dora, and Blues Clues and some others that we found on Demand, so that kind of helped and we keep on hyping up Santa as a good thing, a GREAT thing... that he will bring them presents and surprises! I think they are finally on board with it and are happily awaiting his arrival... although I still think they will not be happy to see him in the stores. lol
Anyway... that is all that is going on here... well all that I can think of right now. My mind is wandering, it is some where warm and cheery, with sunshine and nice 75+ degree weather, sandy beaches, and palm trees, the smell of sunblock and sweet ice cream kisses from my kids! Oh, if only I could get my body where my mind is! lol
I have some things to do, I might get back here to post some pictures of the kiddos... other wise I will be around tomorrow!
Toodles~

2 comments:

Radioactive Tori said...

I am freezing, and completely agree with you about snow and where my mind is and how I wish my body could be there too!

I am excited about Christmas this year too. My youngest is almost 4 and this year he totally gets it all. He had forgotten what stockings were for and after I explained it his whole face lit up. There is nothing better in the world than seeing one of those looks on one of my kids faces!

Momisodes said...

Oh, I am right there with you about the snow. We just had a huge storm today and it's still coming down in buckets. I think hubby maybe snowed-in at work :(

I did the same thing with the on demand Dora and character cartoons! My daughter now keeps talking about Santa, reindeer, and snowmen!

You've done so well with your holiday shopping....so jealous!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~