Wednesday, February 13, 2008

If...


If Spring showers, bring May flowers... then what does Spring cleaning bring? Oh, please say that it brings warm weather, sunshine, new budding trees, and flowers, and brighter days that last longer... and all those things I cannot wait for Spring to come for! Like the smell of fresh air that isn't freezing cold and playing outside with the kids and going for walks and mowing the lawn, love the smell of fresh cut grass.
I have been bite by the Cleaning Bug again! If I wasn't sure there was NO way in HELL that I could be pregnant, and there isn't ANY CHANCE IN HELL, that I am, but thank you very much for your concern... lol, I would think I was nesting. I remember cleaning like this before I had Trevor, I mean frantic cleaning... up till like 1 AM or so during ht week, cleaning my kitchen cabinets with Murphy's Oil Soap and hot water, then going around to the rest of the kitchen to make sure it was going to be just perfect!! Spotless and clean enough to eat off of every. single. solitary. surface!! I was a loon, but then again, I was pregnant and nesting! But, now. Now, what is my excuse?? It is cold and yucky out and I can't open the windows to get some fresh air in here. Maybe that is part of it. I got up today feeling kind of blah... just sick of the winter weather and the new snow and icy covering we just got last night... I didn't think today would be much of a productive day at all.
Then I got a little pep in my step, and I decided to "Spring Clean" the house... for lack of better words. I opened the blinds in the dining room and cleaned it all out, vacuumed then steam cleaned the carpets, vacuumed again and then put everything back cleaning it all as I went along, then I did the same to the girls room. Not emptying their room totally, but moving everything to a elevated place to be able to steam clean the carpets. I put it all back nice and orderly... and now I'm just taking a minutes rest before I decide what to tackle next. :)
Well I guess I should get off my bum and get doing something... since I have the cleaning sickness. ;)

19 comments:

Allie said...

Can you come to my house next? Need a little persuading? Its 65 degrees and sunny here (we're all sick though so none of us can enjoy it). I'll be envying you around July though.

Crystal said...

OH ME NEXT!!! PLEASE!? I'll let you clean my house too! LOL! I get like that too every no and again. Just out of the blue i'll be sitting there just looking around and then...BAM...Im a cleanin fool. Even have to rearrange the furniture. If I don't it'll drive me nuts until I do.

Like Allie Bear, it's around 65 degrees here. The sun is out and it just makes you want to quit your job and go play. Then you wake back up, realize your in the real world and get your ass back to work;o) A girl can dream, can't she??? Have a wonderful time cleaning!!

Marla said...

I have been cleaning like this too, but maybe it is because of my brothers mess that i am cleaning up that I don't want my items to look like that... or you are trying to clean the winter out, to make room for Spring....LOL..

I do this by putting out my Easter Decorations at the end of February.... will be this week since Easter is earlier this year...

Thanks for the advice on the Quilt issue I will try all of these, next week...

Thanks again,
Marla

Angela said...

Wow! That's productive! Way to go!

I absolutely love the cleaning bug! :)

Nick & Lizzy said...

Um, when you're done over there, I've got a WHOLE HOUSE you could tackle! ;)

Adrienne said...

Hi! I just have too much other stuff that requires my time, so I ditched my personal blog. The blog I have now will be updated sporadically with news and pics for all our out of town family. But feel free to still stop by! :)

I'm still going to make the rounds to all my favorite blogs and leave lots of comment love!

Anonymous said...

If you put that kind of determination in a pill my husband would buy it and sneak it it into my morning coffee. I am quite sure of that, and am going to try to be inspired by your post. I don't have to look far to find a pile of chaos here, so off I go to uncover my kitchen counters.

Crystal said...

Just wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful and loving Valentine's Day;o)

Brittany said...

What a productive day!! I love cleaning and can't imagine getting more obsissive about it! But I am sure that day will come when I am pregnant.

Happy Valentines Day!!

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day..

Big hugs for you

Laski said...

Wow. I wish I could get infected with the cleaning bug!

Allie said...

Jen? Where are you? I thought you did blog 365? I hope everything is okay, I know the sick bug has been going around. Hope to see you soon.

Kristine said...

:) I too am longing for Spring/Summer. I grew up with a clean freak father...but I didn't exactly take after him that way, lol. I do keep my house clean but not frantic clean everything before I leave the house in the morning type. Anyway, with the weather in the 60s, I'm starting to get spring fever. Thanks btw for the comments you left on my blog! I really appreciate my readers' comments. ;)

Anonymous said...

The only way to find out if Spring cleaning brings warm temperatures is to do research on it...and one of my professors said good research is repeatable, so if you want to repeat the cleaning spree, I'm happy to offer up my house!!!

I've got the cleaning bug too - I just have NO time to do it! Gah!

Jill Leigh said...

Excuse me miss....I miss you!!!! Where are you??? I need to rwad your blog and see pics of your amazing childrent o keep me going through the week!!! I love you and miss you like crazy!!!

Momisodes said...

Hey sweetie! How I've missed your blog :( I'd love for you to come over and clean the new house and unpack!!! I hope you're having a great week and staying warm :)

Laski said...

You are making me feel like a lazy butt . . .

Crystal said...

Just popping over to say that I hope your doing well and everything's okay. Have a good weekend;o)

Momisodes said...

Stopping by to say Hi! hope all is well :) Have a great weekend!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~