Thursday, March 13, 2008

THE BEST!!

I just posted my 300th post in the post below this one... and I had some great quotes in there, not even all my favorites, just some I wanted to share today. I have more... but I just thought I would share with all of you the BEST quote I've ever heard!!

The scene:

We just pulled in the driveway from picking Trevor up from school. He had a great day and was in a good mood. I had to yell at him and the girls because they were running way ahead of me in on the sidewalk and it is where cars pull in and out of the school parking lot. I said to stop a few times and then finally had to yell pretty loud. They all stopped and I went through the whole shpeel of having to listen to me and stay by me when we are in the parking lot... yadda yadda yadda. I wasn't even yelling, just talking at that point.
Well Trevor started crying. He didn't like that I yelled at him because he is trying to be a good boy. And I just yelled at him really loud.
That broke my heart. I felt bad, but at the same time I really need for them to listen to me when we are in the parking lot or any parking lot for that matter. So I said I was sorry he was upset, but he had to listen to me in the parking lot and set a good example of staying with me so the girls would learn how to act in the parking lot.

We had a quiet ride home, it is only a few minutes from the school to our house... so that was okay. We get home, and I open the door to let Trevor out of his seat and he says to me...

Trevor: Mommy I still love you, every day. All the time I love you. Even when you are mean and yelling at me.

Mommy: Well I love you all the time too. And I only yelled because I was worried you would run into the road or something and get hurt, I only did it for your own safety because I care about you and love you.

Trevor: Well what about all the other times you yell? That is okay too right, because you are just yelling because you love me, right??

Mommy: *feeling a little like shit* Well sometimes mommy yells just because I'm frustrated or angry, but no matter what I always love you.

Trevor: *and here is the BEST quote ever!* I love you always. Every minute. Every day. Every night. Always. I love you to the moon and back, and even when you are being mean yelling. I love you because it is for your own safety.

Now how can you ever top that???? He loves me! He really really loves me!! Yay!! And I love him too!! Always and forever... every minute, every hour, every day and every night. for the rest of my life and his I will always love and cherish that little boy!! :) ~ and Lauren and Brooke too, of course!! They mean the world to me just as much as Trevor does. It amazes me how people ask if you have a favorite or love one more... there is NO way to do that... your heart just opens right up and sucks them all in ... and they fill it up equally!! Sometimes I love them all so much that my heart hurts... but in a good way.

7 comments:

Angela said...

OMG! What a sweet little thang he is! That just brought tears to my eyes and now my heart is tugging just a bit!

I remember the first time I got upset with Elijah for pulling at a cord that was plugged in. He just looked at me, frowned and then looked down. His eyes just welled up with tears and hardly any sound coming out of his mouth. It absolutely broke my heart! And all I said was "Elijah! No!" Not loud, not forceful, but shaking my finger. He knew! But now, I do that and he smiles, turns around and does it anyway!

I completely understand that love-them-so-much-it-hurts feeling. It's funny because I heard mothers talk like that before but you never truly comprehend it in its fullness until they're yours. And you hold them while they sleep, feed them, see them discover the world around them, seeing things for the first time... It is soooo wonderful being a mother! Sometimes it just seemed like you weren't complete until then.

BTW - I am smitten with your children!

Texasholly said...

what a sweet boy.

Nick & Lizzy said...

I am *so* glad to know I'm not the only yeller (and feeling terrible about it!) Snacks asked me if I wouldn't yell at him on his birthday. Our poor little boys!!! :o

Momisodes said...

OMG! Sweetest. quote. evah! You are such a great mommy...it's no wonder why your little man is such a sweetheart. Still, it's moments like these that make motherhood so worth it :) He's going to be quite the heart breaker my friend!

Laski said...

Awe . . . he loves you, he really, really does. My heart would completely melt. You are such a good mommy!

Crystal said...

YOU ROCK AS THE COOLEST MAMMY EVER!!!!!LOL! Out of the mouthes of babes, eh?! That was a really cute post today Jennifer and I completely understand the "feelings" a mother feels for her children. We love them all but we love them differently..make sense? Have a wonderful day sweet, i'll be back to see if you post for Friday in a lil bit;o)

Brittany said...

Truly an amazing quote from a little boy!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~