Thursday, March 6, 2008

Kisses, Ice Cream, Monkeys...

I tried to post last night, but for some reason blogger was NOT cooperating with me, I couldn't add any pictures. So then I decided to scratch that idea and go with something else, but then my computer was acting stupid... so I just scratched both ideas entirely!!

Here I am though. And I'm going to give you a full recap of what I was planning on having in my post last night ~ mostly because I don't have bupkiss for today... well at least not much and not yet.

So yesterday morning I was laying in my bed, feeling very tired still (not much sleep the night before because of coughing for a completely ridiculous amount of time aka ALL FREAKIN NIGHT LONG, then the damn sugar gliders and that freakin' wheel... UH! and then it started to pour!) and just enjoying being in my bed all comfy n cozy and not fully awake. It was nice. I had decided that I wasn't going to send Mr. Trevor to school yesterday because it was raining so hard. I wasn't planning on having him or myself soaking wet trying to get him on the bus, plus I wasn't sure how long this rain was going to last and I have been picking him up from school every day so it would have been a catastrophe trying to take the girls to get him... we had done that on Tuesday in the rain and let me just tell ya... Not Fun! So anyway, Bryan came in to say goodbye that he was leaving for work. I asked him where Trevor and Zoe were, figuring like most mornings, Trevor was already up. He said Zoe was in her cage and that Trevor was still sleeping. :) Ah, this was good. I could lay here a little while longer. I didn't hear a peep from the girls monitor and if Trevor was still sleeping that meant I had some extra time to lay there and just be lazy!!
I laid there for about 20 mins or so, a lot longer than I usually ever lay in bed in the morning, even on the weekends, I didn't sleep though, but just getting the chance to relax with peace and quiet was so heavenly. Then in creeps my little boy... trying to be quiet so he doesn't wake me up walking in, so he can then wake me up by kissing me. This is something we have done forever... Bryan or myself will pretend to be sleeping and Trevor will try everything to wake us up, he will call our names, touch us, make funny noises, move our bodies, when he was littler he would try to open our eyes... and one of us would say you have to give Mommy/Daddy a kiss to wake them up, and he would kiss us and we would with surprise wake right up. :) He would think it was the greatest thing ever... and laugh his little tushy off... as a matter of fact, he still thinks this is pretty great, and still giggles like crazy. :) He also does this in the morning with us when we are trying to get him up. He is walking so carefully and so quietly, so I quick shut my eyes. He gets to the bed, and whispers "Mommy. Moommmmyyyy. Mommy. Mommy are you awake?" I just lay there. The his sweet little self leans over and kisses me right on my forehead... and viola... my eyes open right up, happy, surprised and so anxious to see my little boy!! :) I give him a big smile and kiss him back and tell him how glad I was that he came to wake me up. We talk about how he slept last night, and what we are going to do today. I tell him he can stay home from school. He is happy. We are just laying there hugging and talking and I'm just lovin' every moment with my guy! At one point he told me "Grandpa Drew was happy when we saw him." (Bryan's grandfather that is in the hospital) and I said "of course he was happy, he got to see YOU. You always make me feel happy when I see your little face!" so then he says to me, "Does your cold feel better today?" and I said "Yeah. Every day I get a little better with it. That is how it works with a cold, it takes some time for you to feel back to yourself again." and he says "Are you feeling happy?" and I said "Yep! I'm getting to snuggle with one of my favorite boys in the entire world... of course I'm feeling happy!" and he says "Good, because I didn't want you to have to go where Grandpa Drew is." so I told him that I only had a cold and although I was feeling really sick the other day that I wasn't feeling sick enough to have to to the hospital and that even if I ever do have to go to the hospital that it wouldn't be for long time and that he could come see me, but I would be home very soon, and that Daddy would take good care of him while I was gone. But that he really didn't have to worry about that happening because I was pretty healthy. :) He still looked a little concerned, but said he understood. How sweet my little boy is, but I feel bad he was so worried about me going to the hospital. Scary thing for children to try to understand.
So we were laying there still when all of a sudden over the baby monitor I hear Brooke and Lauren talking to one another... and then I hear Lauren start to sing "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" and then I hear Brooke singing "Mommy call doctor and doctor say..." and them both laughing their little pampered tushes off and saying together "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!!" then more laughter. They kept singing and singing their little hearts out, it was so cute! And Trevor and I were cracking up listening to them!! It was great. :)

And for the ice cream part of this post... this morning I let Trevor have a sugar cone with vanilla ice cream in it for his breakfast before he went to school. I really don't see this as a big deal. Really I don't. Ice cream has dairy in it and probably the same amount if not less sugar than some of the cereal we have in our house... so I let him have it. Half the time in the morning, well more than half the time, most mornings I can't even get him to eat any breakfast at all for me before he goes off to school, so I thought this was better than nothing. And I know I'm right. I mean I much rather him have ice cream in his little belly than nothing at all. :) And they say breakfast is the MOST important meal of the day... so there ya go... he had some breakfast! :)
So not to seem like I'm a crappy mom or anything, when the girls got up this morning and were ready for some breakfast, I made them a yummy and healthy serving of sugar cone and vanilla ice cream. You gotta be fair, ya know! :) So they are all happily fed. Trevor is probably at school by now, and the girls are watching some cartoons. :) I'm done typing this am going to go harass Bryan about doing some grocery shopping later. ;) Have a good day all!! ~ Toodles!

6 comments:

Em said...

I have occasionally allowed my children to eat ice cream for breakfast.

Angela said...

This was a great post! I enjoyed it. While I am loving the toddler stage, I know when our son gets a bit older, those cuddly morning times are going to be pure bliss!

Growing up, my mom fed us whatever we wanted for breakfast: pizza leftovers, ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins, Big Red (soda) ice cream floats, hot dogs, you name it! My sister and I hated breakfast so as long as he got us to eat something, she was happy! She, too, just wanted to get something in our stomachs, especially on days when we had tests. Of course, now I get teased about it endlessly by friends. They say all the sugar stunted my growth. I am 4'11. I don't think so! ::shaking my head emphatically::

Sounds like you have an amazing family! :) Glad to hear you are starting to feel better!

Jill said...

ha ha. maybe some yogurt with cereal mixed in? that would still be super sweet!

Crystal said...

I'm dying with laughter over here!!!!!! ICE CREAM FOR BREAKFAST?????? ARE YOU SERIOUS???????LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! And I thought I was the only one that did that;o)

I LOVE ME SOME SUGARS TOO!!! I love when the kids THINK i'm sleeping and all the funny ways they try to wake me up! Sam, not so much anymore. William and I are early risers and Sam could sleep at least until 10am if you let her. While she's sleeping, i'm pacing the floors, making LOTS of noise so she wont get made that I woke her up! I get up, even on the weekend, PRETTY EARLY. William, even more so. Drives me nuts though, when I AM SLEEPING and William will come and POUNCE on me. If I don't react, I get a slap in the face...So enjoy the cute little things they do when they are younger cause when they start getting older, they get more creative and daring!!!

Have a WONDERFUL day sweet!!!

Momisodes said...

Oh Jenn, Trevor just melts my heart :) He's going to make some girl very, very lucky one day. What a sweetheart he is. I bet seeing all the things in the hospital left quite an impression. Even I have distinct memories of the hospital around his age.

I love that your daughters woke up and started singing! I wish Ella was like that....

And the ice cream. I totally think a bowl of fruit loops is probably worse than ice cream ;)

Unknown said...

Uhmm... Ice cream... I love ice cream...

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~