Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Recipe Swap!

I was just doing my normal blog hoppin' at my favorite sites and found that Allie @ Friday Night Ambulance is doing a recipe swap - type thing!! She posted a recipe for this YUMMY Taco Soup!! And just wanted to know if anyone had any recipes to share with her!! You can post them on your blog and let her know in a comment or you can post the recipe in her comments!

I posted this recipe in her comments but thought I would share it here too!!

Items Needed...

Bag of Salad, or Greens to make your own tossed salad

Carrots, Peppers, Celery, Radishes (anything you prefer to have in your salad)

*I forgot this on Allie's list* Bacon Bits (ones you make or ones you buy, I use store bought, much easier!!) and if you like Salad Topper!

Broccoli

Chicken Breast

1 lb Penne Rigate


~ Cook and drain pasta
~ Cut Chicken into strips
~ BBQ or cook on stove top chicken
~ Cut veggies. I make the broccoli very small so it is bite size, the rest of the veggies you can leave normal salad size ;)
~ Mix greens with veggies
~ Mix salad with pasta
~ Add chicken to top of salad
~ Add bacon bits and/or salad topper

You are all done. :) Makes a great summer dinner and excellent to bring to a party. Enjoy!
And be sure to go over to Allie's page and check out her recipe for today and if you have one to share leave a comment. If you do I'll post your name and link here so we can all find you! :)

Have a great day!!
~

5 comments:

Angela said...

Oh! I love this idea! This is so crazy, Jenn! I was just thinking this last night. I am sooo tired of making dinner so I searched for simple yet healthy recipes. And I wondered what other people made for dinner. I endedup with this pasta with roasted tomatoes and white beans. It didn't appeal to me b/c of the beans but I knew it was healthy so I went with it. It was delicious! I would love to swap recipes! Yours sounds great! I will get mine up soon and check hers out too.

Adrienne said...

Hi Jennifer! Sorry I haven't been by in a while. Hope you are doing well! I have a new blog at

adrienne22.wordpress.com

Have a great day!

Crystal said...

OOOOHHHHH YYYYUUUMMMM!!! Must try that! Thanks for posting about it;o)

Angela said...

Okay! I got mine posted: Penne with Roasted Garlic, Tomatoes and White Beans.

Momisodes said...

THis made me incredibly hungry. That sounds so delicious :) I love bacon bits on my salads too! I will have to try this one soon. I'll go grab a snack and then check out the others! Hope you're having a great day :)

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~