Wednesday, July 30, 2008

27 Dresses

Yep. I was thinking about it... always a bridesmaid... that sort of thing.
My younger brother is getting married, and his fiance, Elizabeth (not the blog Elizabeth that I just added on my blog roll that you should all go check out anyway... I will post about that later, but a different one) asked me to be in the bridal party. I'm honored. I always think it is such a big deal to be asked to be part of someone's special day with them. :)
So just now I was thinking about the dress and all that... which she bought for me by the way. I know. I know... how very nice. :) And it is a beautiful dress, light pink with really nice bead work on it... and it fits me almost perfect... I may need it taken in a tiny bit and have it taken up a little bit too... But while I was thinking of all this... I thought about all the weddings I have been in.
~I was in my cousin, Audrey, who lives in TX now, her wedding when I was young, like 12 or so.
~I was going to be in her second wedding, in TX, but we had a family crisis and wasn't able to go, but I still had the dress.
~ I was in my ex-boyfriends sister's wedding, although he wasn't my ex a the time...
~ I was in my older brother's wedding, I stood up for him though.. so I guess I was a groom's girl. ;) It was very cool.
~ I was in my own wedding!! lol duh! Of course I was.
~ I was in who else's wedding was I in. I know there has been more.... dammit why can't I think. Well anyway... now I'm going to be in this wedding also... and I think there are about 4 more I would be asked to be in... not being conceited, I'm just sayin'. :)
OH yeah... when my younger brother was going to marry this other girl... long LONG long story that isn't my place to share it... I was going to be in that wedding as well, and I had the dress for it too. :)
Maybe that is all... okay. So I lied about the 27 dresses... so sue me. But it feels like it has been 27 times. lol
Okay... for some reason my children think I should feed them lunch before they have a nap today... what are they thinkin? So... I guess I should get going and post some more later.
xoxoxox

7 comments:

Heather said...

And hopefully "one to come" soon. You will be one of the first to know. LOL!!! ONE DAY.

Unknown said...

Well, let's see. It after 9 pm and you haven't posted any more so I guess you're not going to. And, apparently, heather is going to make you up your lie to 28.

Momisodes said...

Perfect! So what size are you? Doesn't matter. If I ever need a dress, I'm heading to your place. LOL! :)

Congratulations to your Brother and Elizabeth!

Stephanie said...

Besides my own, I was flower girl in my aunts (She was my mom's flower girl and her daughter was mine) and I handed Jason & Rosy the rings in their wedding, they don't do bridesmaids or groomsmen in Mexico. I didn't like being in front of so many people though.

Elizabeth said...

I was in a lot too and also was a flower girl in my dad's 2nd wedding. I had the most fun in yours tho!!! So I guess we have to look at it this way....we have many GREAT friends!!
love ya

Oh yeah Jenn...HELP, I have no clue on how the get "friends" on the side of my blog?!?!? Last night I was trying but I don't know if it was my computer or what.

Crystal said...

Your cousin lives in TEXAS you said?!?!?!?! Me thinks you need to take a road trip this way!!!!!!!!

Angie's Spot said...

I've only been a bridesmaid once and it was the most HORRID dress EVER. I hope never to be asked again. I love going to weddings as a guest only. :-)

BTW, I saw your post that started "sometimes..." and I just wanted to say that I'm right there with ya sista. Keep your chin up. We all have days like that.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~