Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Run on Sentence...

So here I am... I should be cleaning the bathroom, kitchen or dining room, folding laundry, there are beds to be made, and dishes to be washed... bathing children, dressing children, getting myself and them all ready to go the eye doctors, which we are doing in less than 2 hours, and then grab some groceries for 4th of July parties we are going to this weekend... and also I should be doing a million and one other things like cleaning my carpet or at least vacuuming it... I could always dust, but instead here I am... and I'm here because this is where I come when I need to vent, am stressed or need to waste some time... instead of doing, of course, all the things listed above.

My mom has had problems with horrible pains in her stomach for a long time now (a long time as in over a year)... she finally, about 3 weeks ago, went to the doctors for it... and low and behold after blood work and an ultra sound found out that she has multiple MULTIPLE (said a few times by the doctor) gall stones... so she needs to have her gall bladder removed. She meet with the surgeon on Monday and is going tomorrow to have it done. We are happy she will no longer be in pain with this... and suffering like she was, although I must say she really was a trooper with the pains... but they were coming a lot more frequently and were even more severe, although she could breath her way out of them for the most part, it just wasn't a good situation. And even though, of course, we are happy about all that, we are so nervous for her to have surgery... any surgery is still surgery and serious. This is my mom's first surgery ever. I know I'm nervous for her, because I'm her daughter and she is my mom, anyone would be nervous for someone they love to have surgery... but the fact that she is really, really, scared (although that hasn't been said by her) and nervous (she has admitted to this) and concerned makes me even more scared and nervous and concerned and my heart breaks for her. I just know how much she is anticipating this and how much she is dreading it. I wish I could do it for her. (I'm not saying I wouldn't be scared... I would be... probably even worse than her... I'm a big chicken about things like this... there is a long story I could share to prove it... but you'll just have to take my word on it, b/c we don't have time for long stories now... remember I have to get three kids and myself ready to leave the house in probably a little over an hour... )

So, please if you can, think good thoughts, send well wishes and prayers that she does okay tomorrow morning... I would greatly appreciate it, as well my mom and family would. Thank you!

Gotta run...

8 comments:

Angela said...

Sorry to hear your mom had been dealing with this! But at least there is a solution. Fran, too, was having severe stomach pains. so much so that she would call me from work or wherever to come home to be with her. This scared the crap out of me because she is a very independent person, especially when she's sick. It turned out that she had 17 gallstones. She was incredibly nervous and anxious, but too had her gall bladder removed. Since then she's been aware of what she eats, exercises regularly and hasn't had any problems.

I pray and wish for a speedy recovery for your mom. I know she will be just fine! :)

Hugs!

Stephanie said...

I am keeping your mom in my thoughts.

Unknown said...

Big ((HUG)) and I am saying a prayer for your Mom.

jenn said...

I will be praying for you all, as I know exactly how she is feeling! Big (((hugs))) to you all!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Surgeries are scary! I will keep your family in my thoughts. My former boss had her gallbladder removed. I think she has to be really cognizant of her fat and dairy intake. A mom-blogger I read, dawniemom, had her gallbladder removed earlier this year. Here's a link to her blog - http://dawnandjimmy.us/blog/

Momisodes said...

Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry to hear. I can't imagine how much pain your mom has been in all this time. She is indeed a trooper for toughing her way through the pain all this time.

As you mentioned, surgery always scares me. However, I hope you all find solace in that this procedure is fairly common. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and your mom has a speedy recovery. *hugs*

just jamie said...

Oh Jennifer, when it rains it pours, huh? Sorry about the news of surgery. I'll keep your Mom in my thoughts. Have a glass of wine, a soak in the tub, and think some seriously happy thoughts. Cliche, I know. But it helps.

Rhea said...

Surgery is always a little scary, especially when it's family. I had my gall bladder removed when I was 18, which is really unusual, and it went really well. They did it laprascopically, which is not bad. The only thing no one warned me about was the horrible gas you can have afterwards...it rose into my shoulder, and I felt like I couldn't breathe and I panicked because I had no idea what was going on. But, it was gone soon enough and I was fine.

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~