Saturday, July 19, 2008

T M I

~ It seems like the longer I stay away from here the harder it is to come back... I just feel like I have TMI to share that I'm over whelmed at thinking about what to post about.
I guess I'll just start with our little camping trip, and see how far I get.
~
We left at 10 am on Sunday and drove about 2 1/2 hours, stopped to have lunch at Cracker Barrel, which was so packed there wasn't even any parking for big trucks or trucks with travel trailers, so we decided it would take a long time to get food and since we had three kids that were just in the car for a long ride, we didn't think sitting at a table for a long time waiting for food was a smart move... although we all really LOVE Cracker Barrel.
~
We head out...
~
We go through the intersection and are in a mall parking lot that has Wendy's and Burger King... so we all decide on BK. We go in... there is a line. A LONG line. We figure out every one's order. My dad and Bryan get on the NEVER ending line, and... they wait. and they wait some more. and they WAIT even longer. I'm pretty sure if it was just Bryan on the line we would have left. My dad has a lot more patients and also there weren't too many more options of where to go eat.
The kids were playing nicely in the playroom they had there, and I actually let them. It was more like a mini arcade than a germ infested playground. I was still cringing some, but not totally freaking out. (I hate when my children want to go on the coin operated rides in the mall or at the grocery store, or go into playgrounds at fast food places ~ they are disgusting!!) Anyway, we waited well over 1/2 an hour.
~
FINALLY... after two trips to the bathroom, a trip to check the dog and give her water, and Brooke ripping the skin off the top of her foot with the door to the "play area"...
~
WE. GOT. OUR. FOOD!
~
It was a miracle. And since we waited so long... the kids ate like little champs, like they hadn't been feed in days!
~
There were no explanations or apologies for why or what took so long, no free coupons given out or anything... but we didn't care, we finally got to eat so we could get back on the road and get to the camp ground. :)
~
So there it is... the first part of our trip. I will be back to con't on with when we got there and all... and then day one, day two and day three and then finally day four and our trip home.
~
Also, I just have to mention that last night I had a great night out with JUST THE GIRLS!! I know. I know... how did that happen, right?? Well it happened because, Heather and I made plans to meet up with our other BFF Elizabeth who we haven't seen in a few months.
~
It was awesome!! It ended up being Heather, Jillian and myself going to meet her, and we had a great time!! We shopped some in the mall and then went to dinner at Friday's and then after we were there for a while we went to Cheeseburger in Paradise and had chocolate nachos!
DAMN those are good!! Sinfully good!!
~
WE had some drinks and most of all some laughs!! We had a great time, then we drove back to Friday's were we had left Heather's car... and we sat in the car and watched my wedding video... Liz hadn't seen it yet.... it was so much fun!! I think we all need to do that once a month or something.
~
I'm a little tired today because I didn't get home till about 2:45 AM, but it was one of the BEST nights!! We always have so much fun when we are together!! I wish that we lived closer to one another... but Liz isn't leaving Jersey and we aren't moving there either! lol
~
I have some pics and I could probably post some more about our awesome adventure... maybe another day!
~
xoxoxo

12 comments:

jenn said...

I hate when you hit the food places and they're packed. At least when you finally got your food, it was good.

Can't wait to here about your vacation!

CrystalChick said...

We've only been to Cracker Barrel a couple of times but it was yummy!
Sounds like alot of good fun with friends too.

Rhea said...

That's great you got to hang out with your BFFs and have a blast! Yay for girls' night!

The wait at BK would have been torture for me. I hate, hate, hate long waits like that. :o) At least the kids were happy playing.

Stephanie said...

Glad you had a good time and were able to have a girls night.

Burger King is ALWAYS slow, but that was even ridiculous even for them.

Can't wait for pics and more of your story. :)

Stephanie said...

Glad you had a good time and were able to have a girls night.

Burger King is ALWAYS slow, but that was even ridiculous even for them.

Can't wait for pics and more of your story. :)

Unknown said...

I <3 Cheeseburger in Paradise. So glad you had a good time.

Angie's Spot said...

Congrats on your girls night out!! I just love those.

And I can't wait to hear about the rest of the camping adventure. We love cracker barrel too, so it always pisses me off when they're so packed that we can't get in/out in a reasonable amount of time. I'm impressed that you guys survived BK. My kids never would have lasted. :-)

Momisodes said...

I hear you. I avoid the internetz a bit over the weekend, and come Monday, I'm so behind. It's tough coming back after a break.

Sounds like you had a busy trip! So sorry Brooke skinned her foot with the door :( Poor thing! Your trip to BK is making me crave some Onion Rings *drool*

So glad you had a chance to head out for a girls night out! Plus chocolate nachos? Does it get any better? ;)

Anonymous said...

Yay girls night out!! I love those - they are the best!

I can't wait to see pictures of your trip - sounds like you had fun!!!

Unknown said...

I am in LOVE with Cracker Barrel. I used to have one walking distance from my house, which was dangerous. But it closed because you could always get a table, and you know that a Cracker Barrel is only a success when they have a two hour wait out the door.

Maddy said...

Sometimes I think that holidays can be very hard work.
Cheers

Pregnantly Plump said...

sounds like the Girls Night Out was lots of fun! I think those are definitely needed... maybe required. Hope the rest of your trip was much better than the BK experience.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~