Saturday, July 12, 2008

This time...

This time tomorrow... we will be on the road! yay!!

I am excited to go. We are going camping. We have a new camper, we go it last year but it is a 2008. It makes camping with three children a lot more reasonable and FUN!!

We did the whole tent thing... we even did it with THREE kids... we set it up... it RAINED and poured and the wind was terrible. We stood outside in the pouring rain, with the wind making it BEAT on us like bee bees and tried to hold our tent together so it wouldn't get wet.


It got wet.

We were obviously soaked.

We set everything out to dry and cleaned up the mess.

Everything dried. We put it all back in. We had a good night. All three kids slept pretty well.

We camped we had fun. We had another storm the third night there.

It rained, it poured the wind was horrible.

We stood in it and tried to hold our tent together so it wouldn't get wet.

IT. GOT. SOAKING WET.

A - G - A - I - N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were cold and soaking wet again too!

It was NOT FUN!!

We got it all dried out and dried up. Put everything back in and it went well. The kids slept well and we had a good camping trip! :)

The next year....

We... BOUGHT a camper!! YAY!! now this is really FUN!!! :)

I love it. You can pack stuff and leave it packed... when we camped in the tent I had to constantly pack and un-pack EVERYTHING we took each time... now we have things that are just for camping that stay in the camper.

BUT... there is still packing, cleaning and organizing... all of which I'm supposed to be doing ...

RIGHT. NOW!!

I have some of it packed... and some of it cleaned... like 1/300th of it... done. Yeah. Not looking too good. Especially not with me sitting here at the computer. UGH!!

Worse part of all is that my kids... yeah those little cuties that I always talk about... they are BEING the BEST BEHAVED children in the entire UNIVERSE!! I swear. They have been playing so nicely with one another and watching some Disney Channel and eating cookies and drinking milk... so I should be getting EVERYTHING done lickity split...

NOPE.

I'm sitting here procrastinating ... MAJORLY!!

I suck.

I'm getting up.

I have to.

Bryan will be home at 3 and we have to go get groceries.

I think we are also getting some company later. I'm not sure.

I have 299% more to go with cleaning packing and organizing the house and the camper.

alright...

here. I. go.

Hitting publish... then getting up off my duff and doing something... I might be back to let ya'll know what I actually got done and the world record speed I didn't do it in. :)

have a great weekend all.

xoxoxo

15 comments:

Happy Campers said...

Oh, I envy you! We always talk about getting an RV, because Hubby is NOT a camping person. Sounds like you guys are going to have fun no matter where you go...now get busy! :) tee he he

Allie said...

I'm so jealous, I want a camper bad. My hubby doesn't like camping and the kids and I love it, I actually almost packed up on Friday to go this weekend but 2 kids and 2 dogs by myself is a bit much. I feel bad if I don't take the dogs though.
I hope you guys have a blast and enjoy that camper.

Stephanie said...

Have fun! I know you will :)

Angie's Spot said...

Have a great time! I'm not very outdoorsy, so the only way I could go camping would be in a fully stocked RV. I'm talking satellite tv and everything. I guess that's not really "roughing it", huh?

Unknown said...

Have a GREAT trip. I will miss you lengthy comments - so hurry back.

Pregnantly Plump said...

Hope you have a great trip, and even though I'm sure your camper will do fine in the rain, I hope it doesn't rain on you guys.

Kellan said...

I hope you have the best time!! Be safe. Kellan

CrystalChick said...

IF we were to ever go camping again (it's been many many years), and IF hub suggests doing it in a tent, and IF he recovers from me whacking him with a big can of bug spray for even suggesting that, we might take a trip.
But ya know, I'm really thinking that it would be just as nice to gaze over at the campground on the way to the MARRIOT!!

I envy your youth!
Have fun. :)

jenn said...

I hope you have an amazing, relaxing, fun filled time! I'll miss you!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a great time. Camping is one thing I never really got interested in. I guess I like mattresses and real beds too much. :-)

jenn said...

just checking in to let you know I'm thinking of you. Hope you're having tons of fun!

Momisodes said...

Aww, camping?! So exciting! Congrats on the new camper. That is so sweet they're being little angels. I really hope the weather is nice and dry for you all. I bet that is so great to have it for yourself.

Wishing you all safe and happy travels!

Momisodes said...

OMG. I'm such a loser. Just realized you're back :(

Hope you all had a wonderful time :)

Rhea said...

Oh, have a blast with your new camper! I can't wait to hear how the trip went. :o)

Donna said...

We enjoy Our trailer, when we can get away...Go have a Wonderful time!!!hughugs

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~