Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baby Daddy...

Hi!! I stole this meme from Jenn at My Kids are My World. :) I thought it was perfect since Trevor's birthday was just yesterday!! It is a meme all about your first born! :) How lovely!



If you want you can go check out Jenn's baby meme, and while you are there you can check out her HOT new ESTY store!! :) It is awesome!! This is the same wonderful friend of mine that made my children those beautiful signs with their names on them, and also made me a beautiful kitchen set of pot holder, trivets, dish clothes and hand towel. She is very talented and crafty!!



Jenn's ESTY store is Purple Elephant Creations



So with out further ado... here is my baby meme:



1. Were you married at the time? nope. but it was okay with my and Bryan. We planned Trevor. It took a long time to get pregnant with him and at that time having a baby was our priority. We had a really great relationship and were together for while. :)

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I couldn't believe it!! I was so happy and in shock and so excited!! I looked at the pregnancy test at least 5 times and compared it to the box to make sure I was reading it right. I was over joyed!! I told Bryan while he was in the middle of watching the Super Bowl! :)


3. How old were you? 23 when I got pregnant and 24 when I had Trevor.

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? We had been trying for a long time, finally I went to the doctor and told them. They did some tests and put me on fertility medication and then the third month I was on them I got pregnant!! Pretty much I every month since we started trying I took at least one pregnancy test, they were all false, till that wonderful day!! :)


5. Who did you tell first? Bryan and then we told my mom and dad, and my sister-in-law was there. Then we called other family members!

6. Did you want to find out the sex? yes! Anyone that knows me knows that I cannot wait for surprises!! :)

7. Due date? October 4th

8. Did you deliver early or late? Five days early! He also measured 5 days bigger in sonograms than I was pregnant. His birthday is September 29th

9. Did you have morning sickness? OMG! Yes I sure did. And some times I even had afternoon and evening sickness. lol

10. What did you crave? ICE!! I wanted to drink drink and drink some more and I always wanted ICE!! BK has the best ice around where I live, the girls from work always let me pick where we went for lunch since I was pregnant most days we went to BK but I also mixed it up some b/c I didn't crave BK at all... ugh. I didn't eat very much b/c I always got so full so fast.

11. Who irritated you the most? people that would try to touch me that didn't know me at all. I worked in a dental office and everyone tried to touch me. (now it wouldn't bother me as much... b/c I understand the desire to touch pregnant bellies, but still... gosh!! )

12. What was your first child's sex? Boy!

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? Only 29 lbs.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Nope. Nothing that wasn't normal, even if it made me nervous as a first time mom!

15. Where did you give birth? In the back of the truck on the way to the hospital. JK. I did have my water break in the car on the way to the hospital though. BUT thank goodness I made it to the hospital. I gave birth in Orange Regional Medical Center, NY

16. How many hours were you in labor? Hmmm... that is a good question. My water broke some where around 11:20 PM and I had Trevor at 7:10 AM. I had contractions for about an hour before my water broke... but some count labor starting when your water breaks.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? Bryan did, and very, VERY fast I might add. :) My parents followed us there.

18.Who watched? Let's not discuss this... it is a VERY touchy subject for me. But I guess I'll let you know who was there that I WANTED there... my mom and Bryan.

19. Was it vaginal or c-section? vaginal (thank God. I'm a wimp. I could NOT have handled a c-section!!)

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? sure as hell did. I had horrible back labor... but if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't take anything. As a matter of fact with the girls I didn't have anything. :)

21. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 6 oz & 21 inches long

22. What did you name him/her? Trevor Griffin

23. How old is your first born today? He just turned 5 on Monday!

3 comments:

jenn said...

When I was pregnant with brandi, I measured full term at 33 weeks! That was when they started warning me she would be huge. I also craved ice with her. The kids of ice that melted in your mouth, that you could chew easily.

I also didn't know you used fertility drugs...does that explain the twins?

You're a doll for the link love...you know I appreciate it! Love ya!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Aww. I craved ice, too! My workplace had what I thought was the best ice, and it occasionally broke. I always got blamed when we ran out of ice.

Stephanie said...

Craving ice means you are anemic, I craved ice so bad with all the kids, but the worst with Delilah. And I had to have 2 units of blood a month before she was born. After my blood levels were normal I no longer craved ice. I didn't find out about the ice thing though until I was in the hospital getting the blood. Would have been helpful to know.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~