Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bad Luck

I guess you can call what is going on around here bad luck. :(
~
Well first you all know that a few weeks ago my camera died. I've tried everything to revive it, but alas the overworked and underpaid little thing is being laid to rest. It is a shame that only three years old it had to pass... but it death was at the hands of toddlers... so you know it was probably unintentional and I hope quick and painless.
~
Then Friday morning Bryan found that our only female sugar glider had passed on. She wasn't acting that great and actually was out during the day on Thursday, I called him to come home and check her out... I didn't want her to be suffering. But she seemed okay. She would eat and move around some, but she had lost the use of her back legs. :( I really and truly hope that her passing was quick and very painless. Poor little girl. She was so sweet. I have been sad about this a lot more than I ever thought that I would be. (not that I'm a cruel uncaring bitch... but just that they aren't a pet like our dog or something to us. We do care for them and like them... anyway... )
~
Then this morning my mom and I spoke on the phone and as soon as she started talking I knew something was wrong.... my mom found my nephew's cat dead this morning. :( She was upset of course, b/c they all live together so it was the family cat... but she was really upset for Matthew. Poor kid. :( He took it okay... you know like any kid would when their pet passes away.
Then this afternoon Bryan called me to say that our refrigerator died. UGH!! AND we just went shopping the night before. What the heck?? SO... we had to start up the MONEY eating freezer down stairs to fill up with our stuff from upstairs and then also start our camper fridge so we could use that. There were still a few things that wouldn't fit... so Bryan had egg salad sandwiches for lunch, and we are eating hamburgers and chicken for dinner. ;) I can't believe it. I just called the landlord on Friday to tell them that we are moving and all, and now I have to call tomorrow to say that the fridge took a shit. We don't want them to buy one just for us to finish living here... but we have to let them know. I'm not sure what we are going to do. I guess I'll just have to see what they say when I call them.
~
Dammit.
~
And really I'm not even trying to compare the death of the two pets to the death of the camera and the fridge... so no one get all mad at me... I'm just trying to make light of a streak of bad luck we have been having around here. But I guess with all good things come some bad. As far as the house and all that... things are going good. We are still waiting for contracts to come... but all is good. :)
~
I'll be here with an update as soon as there is new news.

7 comments:

Allie said...

That really sucks, it does seem like a lot of bad luck. That kind of stuff happens to us, we hit a streak of bad luck and it seems to last forever but eventually things start working out right again. Sorry you're having to deal with so much right now.

jenn said...

Aw jenn, that sucks!

(I feel like crap, so you're getting a crappy comment. sorry.)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Sorry about the loss of the pets, and all the other stuff going wrong! That stinks.

Pregnantly Plump said...

Hi! Sorry you had such a rough weekend. That's crazy timing about the fridge, but it's great that you had the camp fridge, even if it is small.

This Guy said...

Awwww, thats crappy!! :( At least you get to treat yourself to a new camera tho! :) That will be exciting to get to pick out a new cam!! :)

Poor little sugar glider and the Kitty too! Geeze, that is a big run of back luck.. I'm sure its because of mercury in retrograde.... Everyone's life is just crazy right now!!! If life is usually a bitch tho, now is when things happen to work out... Its like opposite tuesdays for September and October!!

Be REALLY careful with all the paperwork for the house!! Reread it all, and make sure all your i's are dotted!! Now is the time where you will make silly mistakes because of the retrograde!!

I hope things start improving for you, don't get too discouraged tho, we're not free of mercurys impact until Oct 31!!!

Keep Safe!! :)
Bret xoxo

Stephanie said...

So sorry about your families animals, I take it harder than the children. They are like, alright when do we get another ---? And I mourn the loss almost like the loss of a person.

Sucks about the fridge and camera. Hope things start looking up soon.

Rhea said...

Oh, yep, that's three...camera, fridge and washing machine. Darnit.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~