Saturday, September 20, 2008

We came... We saw... We conquered

Okay.... to be honest... we went. yeah. we did. we saw... yep sure did. and I guess you can say we conquered...

we went to see the house last night. THE house... you know that one. the one we are thinking of buying... the one we have been thinking about and planning and thinking and planning and trying to figure things out and balance this and juggle that and what if this and what if that. We had been to the property twice. We wanted to see what we could see from the outside and also wanted to see the property and all that too. We thought it was good. We thought it had potential. We liked it so far.

So last night when we saw the inside... it was just Bryan and I. My parents kept the kids for us. We liked what we saw. We think it will work. We think it has a lot of potential. We think we can definitely make it all work out for us. :) yay!!

BUT it needs work. Sort of, kind of, lots of work. SO we are going to strike a deal with the owner that we will do the work if he supplies the materials. This will help us out tremendously. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the owners will go along with this... and let us live there for two years paying a "rent" while fixing everything up on a joint effort (our labor & their money) and then we will buy it. And part of our rent will be held in escrow towards a down payment on the house when the two years are up.

Renting for two more years isn't really what we had wanted... but this will at least be going towards a house we will own. And honestly this is the easiest way for us to do this now. I just hope and pray that mortgage rates stay low over the next two years. ugh. we will probably have such high interest rates when we re-apply for a mortgage it will be sick. but I could be wrong. Anyway... I can't really worry about it too much... b/c worrying won't change anything and this is the best plan for us for now.

So our agent is going to contact the owners today for us... and see what they have to say. We are hoping we will be hearing good things tonight or tomorrow... although it might take till Monday or later even. We are trying to be hopeful but not too anxious. We said we would like to be in by the first of December. That would be good. But I would like to start packing and doing ASAP. it isn't fun to paint in clean in the cold. The cooler Fall weather is good for that... but not Winter. Been there done that.

Anyway... so i'm not going to start packing like I want to... b/c I don't want to jinx anything... and besides...

TODAY... this Saturday in September is TREVOR'S 5th Birthday PARTY!!!

He is so excited!! I actually have to get up from here and start getting things ready we have an 11-1 party slot and it will take us about 45 mins to get to the place. :)

I will be around sometime to post pictures and all that from the P A R T Y !!




6 comments:

jenn said...

Sounds like a good plan. I'm soooo excited for you!!!! I hope they go for it, and things work out exactly how you need them to. I would love to find a fixer upper where we could do all the work, and have it exactly how we want it. When you hear from them, I want to see pictures! How many bedrooms? How big is the yard? Girl, I am sitting here grinning...I'm so happy for you guys!!!! My fingers, and everything else, are crossed!!!!

Have a wonderful time at trevors party. I want to see pictures of that, too!!!!!

Stephanie said...

I hope they take your offer, I have my fingers crossed for you. ;)

I hope Trevor has a fun birthday party! I look forward to seeing the pics!

Thanks for checking on me ;) I am alright, tired, but alright.

Pregnantly Plump said...

Good luck on the house! That's very exciting!
And I hope you guys have a great time at the birthday party. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Angie's Spot said...

Hey, whatever it takes to get into a house that will work for you guys long term, will be worth it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that you'll have good news to report on this story soon. :-)

Momisodes said...

First...Happy Birthday Trevor!!! I hope the party was a success and he had a wonderful Birthday :)

Second, your plans sounds quite reasonable. Especially if you see the potential in this house and this is what works for your family at the moment. It sure beats throwing money away to rent. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, and hoping for a smooth transaction.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

We are doing a somewhat similar arrangement right now. I found my dream home in my uber-ultimate-dream neighborhood, and right now it's for rent-to-own. So, we'll RTO for 5 years and then get our own mortgage. I'm so excited! (I just told you my 'big news', ha!)
I hope you get a deal worked out and it all goes well for you!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~