Sunday, October 5, 2008

Making Progress

Bryan is making good progress. He has a lot ripped out of the lower level. He took down a partition wall that made it two rooms down stairs, and we are opening that up to be our master suite. AND I found out yesterday that I will have a walk-in closet!! yay!! I haven't ever lived any where that I had a walk-in closet so I'm petty excited about that. :)
There is still a ton of work, but thankfully it seems like we have some help to get things done. Bryan has some help to get stuff all ripped and torn out... from Chris and Kevin. My brother Ryan is going to help cut the hole in the concrete foundation for the egress window we need. And my dad said he would help put up new stuff when the time comes. Meaning sheetrock and all that. Plus my brother and dad are quite skilled at taping and spackling. Well actually my dad and both my brothers are quite skilled at anything to do with building and also mechanical too. We are pretty lucky that we have the resources right in our own family to do almost everything ourselves.
Today, Heather and I are going to go over to the house to clean. The upstairs pretty much just needs some good 'ole fashion elbow grease. Well, besides the kitchen and the bathroom, but for now we are going to work around those rooms and get some other things done... I'm going to take some pictures today while we are over there with Heather's camera so I can put them on the computer and post some here. :) So hopefully later today or tomorrow morning I will have some new pictures for you all to see. (JENN!!) ;)
On other news, we had Lauren & Brooke's birthday party yesterday and it was very nice. They got a LOT of presents and the kids had a LOT of fun playing together. AND all the kids got along really well. It was Trevor, Lauren, Brooke, Matthew, Julia, Walter, Brandon, Nick, Katelyn, Lacy, Alyssa, Shelby, Leland and Leah. Of course, Leland and Leah are way too little to play they were still there and they are still kids so it counted. :) It warmed up some so we weren't too cold... and if you were in the sun it was pretty nice. :)
I'll post some pictures from the party later too. I'm going to see what I can pack for now while the kids are happily and quietly playing.

Tootle Lu!

4 comments:

jenn said...

Pictures...yay!!!!!

Pregnantly Plump said...

This sounds like such an exciting time for you! And it's so wonderful that your family can help you guys out with the house. That's excellent about the walk-in closet!

Stephanie said...

WOW, you work fast!

Sorry I have been MIA. Haven't had much to say lately. Right now my inlaws are here and this is the first time I have sat down since Fri morning.

Elizabeth said...

Tell the girls I said Happy Birthday!!!!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~