so i just had the kids do some cleaning in their rooms. usually they don't do that great of a job, OR i end up helping them, which pretty much means that i do it all by myself. ugh.
i was wondering a few things:
- what age did you start to have your children or what age do you think children should help do chores around the house?
- what kinds of chores do you have your children do?
- do you think that children should be rewarded for chores?
- do you think that children should be paid an allowance for doing chores or helping out?
- IF you do think they should be rewarded or paid, how much and how often do you think this should happen?
my kids are little still. five and three. although my five year old does want to help out. just not always with the things that i would like for him to do... such as clean up his room with out my help or me having to beg, yell and nag him to do it. the girls are still little-ish and i feel like they will be my BIG helpers when they are older. i know i like to help my mom out... so i'm hoping it will be the same for them. we'll see.
well i guess i should get back to my chores. i did get a lot done, and surprisingly i'm feeling less tired since getting up and doing some things rather than laying on the couch vegging.