Saturday, November 22, 2008

post 493

as I sit here, I have been debating back and forth with myself whether or not to read other people's thoughts on the Twilight movie before I wrote mine... I have decided to just write my thoughts and then go in search for what others said.

YES!! I went to see Twilight last night. I went with two of my girlfriends and we had a good night. They both enjoyed the movie, but haven't read the book. I... I did enjoy the movie, but only the ending part... and no! Not because it was ending, because that was when it felt like the actors were actually doing a good job. In the beginning of the movie, I'm not sure what was going on, but it felt like a low-budget high school play... the actors were HORRIBLE. It was like watching them try to act like actors, or something. BUT thankfully it picked up and they got better. Some parts were very dramatic and funny... in a bad acting sort of way... and some where great.

I did do a lot of comparing between the movie and the book while I watched it... which it is hard not to do... especially when the books were so freakin' awesome... but all in all the movie was good and my girlfriends said it left them wanting more... as for me I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to this, and I know there is more to the story so there will probably be more movies coming out... but I'm not sure I will be in a rush to see it the first night it out.

Also, we had to order our tickets online... it was a mob scene at the theater, and we were some of the oldest people going to see it... we were surrounded by teenie-boppers.

It was good. But it wasn't the book version.

So now I'm off to read what others thought of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I'm going to see it tomorrow afternoon, and I can't wait. I've heard such mixed reviews, but I'm going to just go in with the mindset that the book is going to be way better (because that's always how it is!).

jenn said...

I agree. Books are always better than movies. That is why I never see a movie made from a book I've already read. I would much rather keep the story the way I see it my head.

I've missed you the past few days. Settled in yet?

Unknown said...

How's the whole house thing shaping up? I know you're busy - just thought I'd drop in and say, "Hey!"

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~