Wednesday, December 3, 2008

508!

i'm here.

here i sit.

i'm typing.

while blinded by the sun.

i'm not complaining because it seems the sun is only here for a few hours each day lately.

by the time we get home from picking up Trevor the sun is already gone. :(

since i'm solar powered this kind of sucks.

i'm procrastinating by typing this post.

i'm cleaning the downstairs.

today we are getting more sheetrock and going to work on finishing this place.

i got rid of over 20 garbage bags of stuff... clothes mainly, and i feel GREAT!

tis the season for giving right?? who cares what you are giving, as long as it is nice and will help someone.

i gave 6 bags of clothes to Jill for her new niece.

i gave 2 bags of clothes to my MIL to mail to my BIL for his daughter.

i gave 4 or 5 bags of clothes and other baby stuff to Melissa for her son Leland.

i gave 6 bags to Dianna for her daughter and maybe her sister's baby.

i have some bags for Walter, my nephew, that i will give today to my SIL.

i have a bag of girl clothes to give to a lady at the school for her daughter.

and...

I...

STILL....


HAVE...



M * O * R* E

STUFF


to give away!

AGGGGGGGGGGG!!

where did all this stuff come from.

I only have three kids... how do I have so much clothes. plus they are only 5 & 3... it isn't like we have been collecting stuff for that long and I have gotten rid of stuff before this... this isn't the first time. i have given and sold a LOT of stuff.

point is that we are over loaded with clothes and toys and i always feel like i need to get more anyway... i have to get some control over myself... i rather take my kids to Disney or something than have 40+ bags of clothes to give away in another couple of years. not that i don't like clothing other children with my kids outgrown clothes... I LOVE to do that... I love to help out and make sure they get good use. But i think we are over doing it some where in the buying situation.

oh well.

i'm off to clean some more, i am going to be in a mad dash to see how much i can get done before i have to go get Trevor from school... which isn't very long.

have a great day

6 comments:

Momisodes said...

5am? With sun? Yikes!

Sounds like you have been one busy bee. You are so sweet to give all of these things away. But I can certainly relate to some degree. My attic is jam packed full of clothes in storage...and I only have 1 kid :( I can't wait to purge some of the stuff. I bet it's liberating!

Hope you have a lovely afternoon...with what little sun remains.

Unknown said...

Ahhh decluttering!! It always feels so good! I have two boys and they're pretty far apart in age so there isn't much point for hand me downs because by the time my youngest will fit into my oldest's clothes, they have gone out of style! So needless to say I purge A LOT...and it seems my boys are growing VERY quickly!!!

jenn said...

Send some of that energy my way!

I broke down last night and bought Twilight at wal-mart. I started it around &:30 last night, and finished it about an hour ago. I could not put it down. Now I just need to get my hands on the next one....

Rhea said...

That's hilarious you are solar-powered.

Email me (rhea@tx.rr.com) your address so I can send you the books you won.

Aubrey said...

Wow! You go girl! I love when I get in cleaning sprees like that. It feels so good to get so much done.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you come back again!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

We had to reign in our crap collecting a couple of years ago. It.was.ABSURD. My kids had clothes that they would wear once, then it would get buried at the bottom of the drawer and never seen again. Mostly it was my mother buying all that stuff! I made her stop.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~