Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lucky One

Yeah baby I'm the lucky one. :) Or whatever. I got to drag out the Christmas decoration boxes and then, I also got to put up most if not all, well lets just say 99.9999999% of them, I did have some assistance from the kids... the five and three year old kids, mind you.

AND!!! AND! AND! AND and and and and and and and GUESS WHAT!!! NO! really take a guess!! Go ahead!!

I get to take them all down. ALL by myself!! Nope, I don't even get any help from the five and three year olds. NONE. Zip. Nata. NO HELP. yay!! :) I'm delirious with excitement!! I can hardly stand to take a break from doing it to come type this post. :P

I have most of the stuff piled up on the couch... dangerous to leave it there with all three kids playing in the living room right now. My thought process is sort of like... the more they break the less I have to pack away. JUST KIDDING. lol (well sort of b/c it is true. what they break won't get kept and packing into a garbage bag is a LOT easier than a Rubber Maid bin! just sayin')

So now I'm off to dig out the Christmas bins that are buried in my bedroom, the 1/2 we aren't using yet. And, BTW, when I say "buried" I'm not just saying it because they are under one or two things, or just in the back corner and I have to take a few more steps to get to them... I'm sayin' they are BURIED!! Like buried under tons of crap. Crap that was all over the house, that we took from all the rooms of the house and shoved in our bedroom before our New Years Eve party. Yeah. That kind of buried. Oh the joy. OH the fun of being the one that gets to take care of all this. I freakin' love it. :D <----- that is me with a huge big smile on my face!! I can't wait to get back to the cleaning up!

**all sarcasm aside, I am happy to be the one to get to do all this because then I know it is done right and nothing will get broken, I mean once I have it packed that is... while on the couch there are NO guarantees. AND, also taking down all the Christmas decorations is making my house look very empty-ish... BUT in a good way! like less clutter. so maybe I will ONLY have to take down the decorations and put them away and I can be done with this cleaning and organizing shit I was thinking about. ~ just a thought. we'll see. **

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Lucky! That IS your new name, you know. Do I detect a certain measure of sarcasm in your musings, today? Hmmmm?
Well, that's okay - I love you anyway.

jenn said...

Have fun!!!!! I did that weeks ago, and loves every second of it.

Stephanie said...

Lucky, Lucky you :P

Kale puts the tree up as I am not tall enough and it's in three pieces (a prelit tree). We only put like 20 ornaments on it this year, we put it up the 19th and took it down the 27th. Shortest X-mas ever in this house. I am normally a nut about it and I have a ton of decorations, but I wasn't feeling it this year. Normally we do a "I put it up (except the tree) and he takes it down. But you are right, there was one year when he just tossed our stuff in the boxes willy nilly. I wasn't happy. I know he is capable of doing it right.

Hopefully it doesn't take you forever. You should pop over to my blog when you get time. I finished my first sewing project Mon and posted about it. :)

Milly said...

The only way it seems to get something done right is to do it yourself. I took mine down on the 1st this year and I like that much better than putting it off and waiting til I get in the mood,no such thing LOL
Have a good day and have fun while putting it all away.

Brandy said...

You are oh so lucky!

I have something for you on my blog today!

Jennifer said...

How'd you get so lucky girl? ;P

Happy Thurday! =)

April said...

Girl, you are lucky!!! Guess what? I was lucky just like you...I got to do the decorating and packing it up all by myself...FUN!

Susan Z said...

I'm in the same club. However I think I may leave the bins open in the storage room for awhile because I know that I will be finding little things here and there that wandered with help. I also have about strangled Andy a few times who seems to have taken it upon himself to try and clear the mantle of Christmas stuff. Joy.

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~