Monday, February 9, 2009

2009

This year isn't starting off too good. We have had some sickness in our family and some other personal issues as well, we have also had Heather's Grandmother in the hospital twice, once with pneumonia and then with siezures, and brain surgery. We have also had Leland in the hospital not feeling well at all. Already we have known 8 people that have needed antibiotics this year.

My brother's wife's uncle passed away. This year just isn't starting off well at all... which means that it can ONLY GET BETTER!!

So far, we have had my two SIL's birthday's one on the 5th and one today... Happy Birthday Jamie... we also have some really important or shall I say milestone dates...

Tomorrow... my God-daughter, Krystina will be 18!!! Holy shit! When did that happen?? I cannot believe it.

On the 14th... yes, Valentines Day, my nephew will be entering into his offical TEEN years... he will be 13!! wow. I still can't believe this... when I look at him sometimes now, I wonder where the little boy went and who is this young man now... but then he smiles or laughs and I know it is him... my little boy. :)

This year I will also be turning the magic number of 30! I cannot believe this more than anything else... I stopped really thinking I aged since I turned about 24... well since I've had kids... I mean I know when my birthday is, and we celebrate it, but for some reason I never pay too much attention to the numbers. 30 is going to be interesting for me... and to be honest, I think slightly difficult. BUT... I can't dwell on it too long... because

this year... my BEST FRIEND Heather will be getting married!! yay!! I cannot wait. They have been together for 10 years, well 11 this coming Fall, I think... or this Summer... but anyway... I am so happy for them... so we have some BIG HUGE milestones this year.


THIS is also the year that my baby girls will... GULP... start pre-school. I have the chills and a lump in my throat just thinking about it. They are my babies. It's hard for me. My big boy will be going into first grade and at a new school too, and I'm already nervous for him. He is my baby too... I think maybe I have a problem with holding on a little too tight... but that's okay... I'm holding on now while they still let me.

I'm off to bed, to catch up on some youth and beauty sleep... I'm going to need as much as I can get... wow.

10 comments:

jenn said...

You're right...it can only get better!

jenn said...

Oh, and 30's no big deal...I'm knocking on 40!

Unknown said...

30 and gorgeous!! Lucky you. Just LIVE every day. And remember EVERYTHING!!

Chrissie said...

I'm hanging onto the idea that once the year started out so crappy it can only get better!! :) Thanks for sharing and I hope everyone gets better soon and things start turning around quickly!!

Brandy said...

Ah, 30 was no big deal. Although I do wonder where the time went...

Momisodes said...

Definitely hold on while they still let you. You will cherish dearly, as time passes too quickly.

I'm so sorry this year has offered you a rough start. I hope only good things come your way from now.

Jennifer said...

Wow-- definitely a crazy year so far. And Preschool? They grow so fast, don't they?

Turning the big 3-0 is such a big, huge life milestone. I'm embracing the thirtysomethings now, but it was hard at first. ;P

Hang in there girlie! Hugs!

Missy said...

Don't feel weird about holding on at all, they are your babies and will always be- so don't fret if you want to have them little, a little while! We all feel this way!

And 30 pluleezuh! Girl you are just shinning don't let a number get ya down!!!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I'm sorry 2009 isn't starting out so well for you. I hope it gets better ASAP!

AndreaLeigh said...

you know I just turned 30... it is ALL GOOD!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~