Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday...

Is today really Monday? For some reason it feels like it should already be Wednesday. Hmmm... I guess it really is only Monday though. Wow, it sure is going to be a long week.

Brooke finished her antibiotics for her ear infections yesterday... it was day five for her. She still has to take her antibiotic for the pneumonia for five more days though. She hasn't been having any reaction to the antibiotics since the second day when she had diarrhea once. So that is good. BUT she has been complaining about her right ear really hurting her. She has been touching it here and there while playing, so I think it really is bugging her. I called the doctors office today to just check in and see what they thought about it. It was bulging when we were there on Friday and I don't want her ear drum to rupture or for her to have more problems with it than she already does. They told us to come in. So we did.

Her left ear is slightly red still, but looking really good and her right ear is red still, but not bulging and looking pretty good too. She has slight fluid on her left ear, and significant fluid on her right, but these things should heal up on their own, and if there is any infection there still the antibiotics she is on for the pneumonia will help to clear that up too. The doctor, who I'm very happy with, said it can take from 4-6 weeks for you to feel 100% normal again. He said most likely what she is feeling is pressure... which could cause her pain or discomfort, but at this point he thinks it is most likely just discomfort or different feeling and not pain. I'm really hoping she isn't in pain. I hate to give her meds, but if she is feeling pain I will keep her on the Tylenol or Motrin... but if it is only something different that makes her think it is pain, but really just pressure, I don't want to pump her full of meds. I guess we'll play it by ear... lol no pun intended. :P

Bryan is home on the couch sick. He vomited this morning at work and got really cold with chills and dizzy. He has a temp of 101.5 and just looks like SH!T... I offered to take him to Urgent Care, which is in the same building as the kids pediatrician, but he said he didn't want to go. So whatever. I can force him. I just hope he doesn't get worse, or give it to any of us. Ryan had strep, Walter had bronchitis and Steve had something that they put him on antibiotics for, so chances are he has something that will need medical attention... but we'll see.

I'm at my parents house, I'm waiting for the UPS delivery of some Stampin' stuff and then going to get Trevor from school and one more stop at the Post Office to get my package that they say I have... not sure what it could be but we'll see. It probably isn't even for me. Bummer.

Well that is all I got. I hope everyone is healthy and happy. We aren't starting off to good for 2009 in the healthy department, but I can only hope it gets much better. :)

7 comments:

April said...

I hope you are all well soon!

AndreaLeigh said...

you are having a rough time! i hope everyone is better soon!

jenn said...

Ug. You get one better and another gets sick. That's usually how it works in our house, too.

How has trevor's tummy been? You haven't mentioned it in a few weeks.

Missy said...

Well I am glad Brooke is doing so much better but sorry your hubby is not feeling well!!

Take care, we are thinking of ya!!


missy~

Jennifer said...

Sending some 'Get well soon' vibes your way. I hope everyone is on the mend soon.

Brandy said...

That's what normally happens...if one has something then everyone gets it. It sucks.

I hope everyone is better soon!

Aubrey said...

Blech. Not a good start to the year! I hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~