Thursday, July 16, 2009

buzz buzz...

we are busy little bees over here at our house. we are all doing stuff to enjoy the Summer, as it flies by, and getting ready for our first camping trip of the 2009 season. It sucks that it's the first one and we are already in the middle of July, but can't change that ~ so we are just going to enjoy it!! I'm not sure how much more camping we will get in this year... we have a lot to do around the house and Bryan is forever getting side work that keeps him busy not to mention his job too! Also there is our cruise in Sept. I cannot wait... but at the same time, I don't want to rush the Summer... it goes by way to fast as it is. :(

yesterday we hung out all day. i was exhausted. probably from not sleeping well two night before, it finally caught up with me... but we did accomplish a few things... we got Trevor transferred, officially, to his new school and we also checked out the YMCA gym & might get Trev some swimming lessons!! woo hoo!! He loves being in the pool and at 5 1/2 should really be swimming on his own... so we'll see how that goes. Next year we'll get the girls some, I'm sure they could learn but I'm not sure how willing they are to do so. Brooke is very nervous in the pool, and Lauren is very shy... so I think it will be better to wait till next year.

last night we went out on the boat for a little bit... we docked and the kids went "swimming" for a little bit by this sandy beach area, really we all just splashed each other and had a good time... Trevor swam around the boat by himself (with a life jacket on) and we sailed off... we went up and down the entire lake to both ends... each kid had a chance to drive the boat by themselves, which they all LOVED!! we got to see some dogs on jet skis... which was really cute... they even had on their life jackets! :)

we came home, ate some dinner, and then the kids were hanging out watching TV... Bryan was doing the same and I went to bed. I was totally wiped out. I was in bed by 8:34 PM and probably sound asleep by 9:00 PM... it was great!! I feel pretty good today. I think I may need to do that more often.

Since I'm well rested today and we leave tomorrow, I am going to bust my butt around here and CLEAN clean CLEAN till the cows come home... or I drop dead of exhaustion... but I have to pack some stuff for our trip, and I LOVE coming home to a sparkling clean house so that is what I'm going to strive for today!! :)

It started off raining today... but has stopped... which is very nice... hopefully it will stay nice & the kids can be outside and playing!! I get a lot more done when there aren't little people under my feet! lol Plus they are most happy when they can be outside. :)

I might be back with an update on how all is going. I also want to get some pics up of Trevor's first MX race last Saturday. It was totally awesome! I know I haven't written about it... yet, but I hope to get to it. :)

xox

3 comments:

jenn said...

Come get me ready for camping! I know I am going to forget stuff.

I'm glad you guys are having a great summer. My kids go back to school August 18th, so they only have a month or so left of their vacation. I plan on helping them enjoy every second of it.

Unknown said...

Well, do have fun there, darlin'. And yes - there's nothing like coming home to a clean house.

This Guy said...

I loooooooove camping AT A 5 STAR HOTEL! hahaha You are a better woman than me, I don't handle the bugs and dirt too well... Although the idea of camping is nice! :P hahha

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~