Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Old Friends...

today I'm at my parents house, with the kids. we are waiting for our "guests" to arrive. our "guests" today are one of my best friends from my childhood and her two daughters, Brooke & Brianna. My kids are very excited to get to play with other children!! Trevor is actually standing in the dinning room watching out the window to see when they pull up. :) I'm very anxious too!! I'm also a little nervous... I really hope that my children show their true colors and are very well behaved... they can some times be out of control and not so friendly... especially with one another... but usually when it comes to manners and other children and people they are pretty good. :)



Brenda lived down the road from our house growing up... her older brother Peter was the same age as my older brother Ralph, and her younger brother, Paul, was a few years younger than my younger brother Ryan... it's actually pretty funny because another good friend of ours that we grew up with, Meghan, had an older and younger brother too, they were the same age as Brenda's brother. lol Anyway, we spent a lot of time together hanging out. We would ride bike and go for hikes and sleep over at each others houses. We were in girl scouts together, her mom was our leader, we also did a lot of camping together. It was always a good time with Brenda. She and I had our first "boyfriends" together when we were in 6th grade... lol they were twins. Jesse & Shane Brock. Jesse was my bf and Shane was Brenda's. :) pretty funny!! We were also crazy for NKOTB!! I remember us both posing for pictures with a poster of them on my wall in my room. We were DORKS!! lol but we always got a long so well!! After 6th grade her family moved to PA... near Avoca, we still were able to keep in touch... we hung out in the Summer and I even got to spend some time with her in the Winter too, it was the first time I went skiing... she showed me what to do... it was pretty fun... but I got hurt... they took care of me. :) We had a lot of good times and made great memories... when she moved away, of course, she made new friends, but that just meant that I got to meet new people too. :) She was part of the marching band at her new school and introduced me to everyone. We would play tag and other games with the kids in her neighborhood and walk to the local convenience store and get candy... and go for walks and just hang out!! There was a playground and railroad tracks by her house we would hang out near them. You could hear the planes taking off from the airport all day, but they seemed really noticeable at night... when I would be slightly home sick... not bc I wasn't having fun, but just bc I was far from home. lol I remember the smell of creosote, I actually love that smell... it always takes me back to spending time with Brenda and her family.

Brenda was an excellent gymnast... I loved watching her do gymnastics... she was AWESOME!! We went to a street fair where they had a parade when she lived in PA and she was part of doing diff stunts and tricks with gymnastics... I was always so impressed and awed by her talents. :)

She came to NY for my sweet sixteen party and spent the weekend with us... it was so nice to have her here!! We stayed in contact through out high school until we graduated, but then some how lost touch. :( When I was pregnant with Trevor, my mom tried to contact her... to see if she was around to be able to come to my shower so I would get to see her... she couldn't get in touch with her, but thought that she was living in CO... she did have family out there... then when I was getting married my mom tried to find her again for me... I would have loved to have her at my wedding... or be part of my wedding... she has been one of my best friends longer than anyone else! :) But unfortunately we couldn't contact her.



One day I was fishing around on FB and found her brother!! I was soooo happy! I contacted him and asked him about his family and of course his sister. He told me she was living in PA, married and had two daughters! He also gave me her email address!! I was so happy that I finally could be in contact with her again and possible get to see one another. We emailed back and forth some, discovering quickly that we both had named our daughters Brooke! :) How funny is that? And getting to catch up some. She is also a SAHM. She looks great. She looks the same as I remember her last. & her daughters are BEAUTIFUL... of course!



Well today is the day!! We are meeting!! I cannot wait to see her... although I'm nervous, I'm sure that it will go great and we'll find tons to talk about and catch up on... I have so many questions for her...



I'll be back to post more after our visit.



xox

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done you. Good that you found your friend and good that she's close enough for you two to spend some time together. Because in the end, there is little that counts more than friends and family. That's what life and living are all about.

jenn said...

I hope you guys are having an awesome visit!

Allie said...

Hope you guys had a great visit!

This Guy said...

Thats so cool! I love when old friends visit! There is always so much to talk about, so much to catch up on!

Hope you have an amazing visit! :)

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~