Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fun Family Outings!!

The sky is blue and the sun is shining here!! :) Yay!! Sure it is cold and windy out but that is okay from inside my little bubble aka my house, things look great in the outside world. :)

Well yesterday, Monday, the skies were blue and the sun shone brightly! Today it is crummy out... dark, over cast and YUCKY! No sign of the sun, it is cold again and windy and we are supposed to get some snow, ice or rain! Poo Poo!!!


So since today seems like a bright cherry day and I really want it to be Spring already with warm sunny days, flowers and trees blooming and nice green grass... I have been thinking of all the places I would like to go this Spring/Summer and take the kids. :)

Family Outings of 2008!
The Statue of Liberty We aren't too far from NYC so this is definitely a doable trip. I think they will be amazed at how big the statue actually is, at least Trevor will be, the girls may not understand so much. They will all love the boat/ferry ride over to the Statue of Liberty and I think it would just be a fun day and a great experience. :) We could also drive 1/2 way and then take the train down as another experience to have with them. Although Trevor has been on the subway before. :) Brooke and Lauren have not... well not yet.
Next on our list...

The Bronx Zoo! I would love to take the kids here, I thought about going last year, but with the wedding and then everything that followed, birthdays, another wedding, and everything else it was hard to work it out to actually get there!! This year I really want to do this. I love zoo's and I know that all three of the kids would LOVE this!! Believe it or not, I have lived in NY all my life and have never been to the Bronx Zoo. Most of the schools do field trips there, but not mine. Oh well this will be my chance to see it and even better show it to my children. :)

after this we'll make our way to...

Hayden Planetarium I cannot wait to go here!! I love LOVE love things like this... I know call me a DORK. Okay... did you really have to?? I know I may be by myself when I say that I really enjoy things like this... but I do. I love learning new things, and I also really love the smell of these kinds of buildings and museums. I know I'm strange, I can't help this, you know!! ;)

and then I would like to go to....

National Baseball Hall of Fame this is something that I would like to see and I think Bryan would enjoy as well, but I know my father would LOVE this place!!! I'm not sure the kids would get much out of it, but I know Trevor likes baseball so maybe he would find it a little bit interesting.

something the for the kids that they would LOVE...

The Toy Town Museum, this sounds great. Sounds like the adults could look back to their childhood through with different toys they see and the kids would have a blast looking at millions of interesting and cool toys all day!! Seems like everyone wins with this stop on our list.

in a New York minute... only it would take longer!! :)

Astroland Amusement Park & Wonder Wheel aka Cony Island. I have never been here, but think it would be really cool to go. I also heard something the other day about it possibly closing... I think it would be cool to take the kids this year if it will be closed next year... I mean this is Cony Island it is sort of like a museum in itself. :)


Our next stop will be...


The Maritime Aquarium! This is in Connecticut and I would really love to go here!! As much as I like going to the zoo, the aquarium is even more amazing and awesome!! This will be so fun to take them too!! I know they will be amazed and wowed with every turn we take and every new thing they see and discover. :) We took Trevor to an aquarium in SC when we were in Myrtle Beach and he loved it. He was one year younger than the girls will be this year so I know they will all really enjoy it. :) (the aquarium we took Trevor too was the Ripely's Aquarium)

while in Connecticut camping on the Long Island Sound, which we do every year since I was about 9 years old, I would like to go to...


The Mystic Seaport Aquarium! This isn't as impressive, I don't think as the Maritime Aquarium in Connecticut, but we will sure enjoy it and it is close to where we camp. ;) I think that the kids will enjoy every trip we take this year. They are all going to be some where they haven't been before and will see new things and even learn something at the same time. :) Just thinking about all this is making me want to pack some things and charge up the camera battery and hit the road. ;) But there are still a lot more places I want to take the kids...


keep on traveling with me as we go to....


Santa's Workshop This is in North Pole, NY. My parents took us here when we were little and we loved it. I also remember seeing dolphins here, which didn't happen, but I'm still pretty sure this was an amazing trip for us!! I think this will would be great to do this summer, they are all a good age, but I also think we have a few more summers to go that would work for this trip. :)


and another place up north of us...


White Face Mountain This is in upstate NY as well and this was some where we went when were did our Santa's Workshop trip... it was pretty cool to drive up the mountain and then once on top, or close to the top you can go into the mountain and take a tour to the very top! I think there was also a restaurant up there too. :) There isn't much there to see but it was still fun and something different we did and something I think my kids would also enjoy and look back at with fond memories.


up North even more...


Niagara Falls in NY and then go over to Canada while we are up that far. I think this would be amazing. I would love to go on a boat to see the falls, but not sure if the kids could or would do this. :) I'll have to check into this trip a little more. I have never seen Niagara Falls. We did go to Canada when I was younger and we did see Eisenhower Locks too, which I enjoyed, I thought it was really cool how the lock system works, but I'm not sure my kids would find enjoyment in that at this age. The falls they would think are amazing!! I know I would too!


while in Northern NY...


Great Escape ~ Six Flags & Splash Water Kingdom This is in Lake George, which I want to go to just to take the kids to Lake George, NY also. :) I think I will add this to my list as well, even though we will be in Lake George to go to Great Escape! I have never been to Lk George or Great Escape, but I'm sure this would be a great trip. I have heard a lot of wonderful things about both, the area and the park and what perfect family vacation spot this is!!

near Great Escape is...

Water Slide World if Trevor was/is tall enough to do the slides at this park it would be totally awesome!! Brooke & Lauren aren't tall enough, old enough or interested in water slides just yet, so this wouldn't be too much of a thrill for them, but when they are a little bit older they would love it like Trevor will this summer!! :)


obviously next will be...


Lake George, NY I'm not going to type much here b/c I pretty much summed this one up with the Great Escape trip above. :)

this sounds like fun...

Midway Park this seems like it would have something for everyone!! :) Family friendly park with rides and kiddie rides too! Just what we are looking for!! I will have to see if there is a campground near by that we could stay at. :) fun fun!!

speaking of family friendly parks this one I hold near and dear to my heart. my parents have taken us here many many times, and I still really love the place...

Knoebels Amusement Resort this place is awesome. They have everything, it is very family friendly and almost a home town fair feeling. The people are great the food is Yummy! The prices are reasonable and the entire vacation will be wonderful!! There is a campground right next door to the park so we could camp there and it would make life so easy. No loading the kids up in the car to go to the park for the day, I can take the girls back for naps while Trevor and Bryan explore the park some more. We could eat some of our meals at the camper to save some money! :) You have to check this place out it is stinkin' AWESOME!!!!


for a day trip...


Wild West City in NJ This place is very cool!! Especially for little boys!! My parents took, me, Trevor and my nephew Matthew here a few summers ago, Trevor was pretty little so he didn't get much out of it... but Matthew sure did enjoy it!! It was great. My parents took us here when we were little too, and we loved it!! This is something I really want to do with Trevor. I know he is at the PERFECT age to really LOVE it!! :)


for the girls and I think Trevor would still love it too!!


Sesame Place in PA I have looked at this before to take Trevor before we had the girls, but thought that he was maybe a little bit too young. Now I think they would all really LOVE it. This is more than a day trip... it is a pretty big place. Not Disney big, but big enough for three little kiddies, they would go crazy for all the Sesame Street characters!! :) This is one that is near the top of my list of things to do this summer!


while in PA...


The Crayola Factory we took my nephew here when he was about Trevor's age, and he thought it was fun. It isn't anything more than day trip, and not even a full day at that, but if we are near there already camping, then it is definitely something very cute and fun to do with the kids. :) It is pretty impressive to see how they make crayons and makers and a few other things as well. :)

I also want to take the kids to a bunch other things here are some more of my ideas:
  • local fairs, we LOVE them!!
  • Monster Truck show, at least take Trevor
  • Stock Car races in Middletown, Trevor would like to see this and we could all go as a family something different to do
  • a BIG Circus, there is one in Madison Square Garden soon, but I don't think we are going to be making it to that one
  • into NYC for the day, just to spend the day, and go to the park, walk around go to FAO Schwartz and things like that.

And there are a million other things on my list... I have to work on it some more, but didn't want to keep this as a draft any longer so I will just post again some of my other ideas!!! :) I hope you are all having a good Tuesday!!! Toodles!

7 comments:

Momisodes said...

What a great list you've put together here! I bet Trevor and the girls will love these! We are not too far from many of these places :) Sadly, we've never been to ANY of them, and I've been to NY a ba-zillion times. Sesame Place sounds so neat! And I've hear the Bronx Zoo is really great too. Can't wait till it warms up!!! So glad it was sunny for you today :)

Texasholly said...

OMG...that sounds like so much fun. Wish we could come too. You are going to be very, very busy.

Daddy Dan said...

Wow! You're going to do all of this in one year!?! You're going to be busy. What a great mom and what lucky kids!

jenn said...

When I was in my late teens/early 20's, my boyfriend and I went to see ringling brothers at madison square garden every year.

I think the kids would love the statue of liberty. The last time we drove up there, that was my kids favorite thing. We didn't go, but crossing the bridge they got a great view of it. It was at night, so it was all lit up and beautiful.

Sounds like you have a bunch of wonderful things planned.

Angela said...

OH! I love vacation and road trips! I once had this goal that I would visit all the US states by the time I was 25.... Yeah, that didn't happen, not even close!

This is such a fun post! I have ALWAYS wanted to see NY! (I sent you an e-mail earlier...) These all sound so great! I would definitely love to see the Statue of Liberty, I'm crazy about zoos, it's funny, I know, but I am! Oh and the Planetarium - I am sooo with you!

Toy Town Museum? Yup!
Cony Island? Yup!
Aquarium? Yup! I took Aquatic Science in H.S., and the sea life has never been the same for me!

Niagara Falls and the Crayola Factory are soooo high on the list!

Trevor, Lauren and Brooke are going to have a blast! Not to mention the parents :)

Crystal said...

Okay, can I come with you???;o) We have Family that lives in Mystic Seaport, Connecticut!!!!! Of coarse I haven't seen them in about 10 years but when I was growing up we went up there like every other year. I LOVED IT UP THERE!!!

All I have to say is you better take your camera and get LOTS OF PICTURES where ever you go!!!

Hayden Planetarium would be totally awesome to go to...YOU ARE NOT A DORK!! Cause if you are that means I AM TOO!!;o)

Okay sweet, I gotta get to work. Instead of doing work i'm blog hope on all my friends sites, seeing what they've been up to! Sounds like you got a hell of a plan worked out!!! Have a good day sweet;o)

Allie said...

Looks like you are going to be busy this summer, have fun!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~