Thursday, September 4, 2008

~Thursday Thirteen~

13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13
~Thursday Thirteen~
~
13 things about this morning...
~
1. Trevor woke up first this morning, out of everyone in the house...
even without the use of his alarm clock.
~
2. I packed, Pringles, mini cookies, crackers & cheese, peanuts, fruit snacks, Cheese It's, Capri Sun juice, Lunchable's Jr ~ ham & cheese, peanut butter & jelly sandwich and a napkin all into one little Incredible Hulk lunch bag.
~
3. Got dressed before 10 AM without actually having to leave the house to go any where, for the first time all summer. ( I think )
~
4. Got Trevor dressed fully in only a matter of minutes, without any complaints.
(from either of us (= )
~
5. Bryan stayed home later than normal before leaving for work.
~
6. Lauren and Brooke put their shoes on, immediately after going to the potty this morning.
~
7. I brushed Trevor's hair today... not something we usually do around here, and it was in the morning, none the less.
~
8. The kids all put on chapstick. (something the girls LOVE to do, but Trevor isn't always so fond of, but he did it like a champ this morning)
~
9. Charged up the camera and took some pictures of Trevor lounging on the couch all dressed up.
~
10. We all walked out the driveway together this morning, one big ole' happy family of five.
~
11. We all stood together at the end of the driveway... waiting.
~
12. Grandma came to our house this morning too, to wait with us at the end of the driveway...
~
13. Trevor got on the bus... for his first day of KINDERGARTEN!!
~
~ Wow. I can't believe that my little boy is already on his way to start his academic years. This isn't the first time he was loaded up on the bus and taken off to school, but this is the first time he is starting KINDERGARTEN... and this came so quickly... that I can't imagine how fast the rest of school years will come. I always say that time has gone by in a blink... but I really mean that time has gone by so fast. I wish some times it would just slow down long enough to enjoy more of this great little person my son is. He has always been wonderful, of course, but he is changing every day. Getting taller, smarter, stronger... more grown up. The house is already quieter without him here today. And I already miss him terribly... and hope that he is doing okay. I'm sure my worrying is in vein, but still I worry.
~
~Bryan just called me to see how our day was going so far... to see if things were easier here with one less child... and I guess maybe they are a little easier... but that isn't what I noticed first... what I noticed first is that it is quieter, too quiet... no little boy bike noises or laughter... and it is one less seat filled at the table for breakfast, one less little warm spot on the couch from where a little tushy was sitting to watch morning cartoons. One less.
~
~I'm not missing him to the point of crying... but just really thinking of him and wondering how things are going for him this morning. It's his first day and he is all alone. He doesn't have his Mommy or Daddy there to hold his hand and walk him to his classroom, he has to ask someone else how to get there. :( That sort of breaks my heart.... I should have driven him to school, but he wanted to take the bus. I'm sure he will find his way, I'm sure the school is prepared to help all the kids to their classes, especially the younger ones and kindergartners. I just worry. I know when I was 4-almost-5 I would have been upset to feel lost and not know who to ask where I could find my class... but Trevor is different. He is braver, more outgoing and not really shy at all and confident, I know that he will be fine.
~
~ By now, he is in his classroom (I'm hoping... because that means that he isn't lost), they have said the pledge of allegiance, and heard the morning announcements... and are I guess, maybe, trying to meet everyone and meet their teacher and their aid, and all that... get used to the classroom and where everything is and how some things will go.
~
~ Sometime today he will also go eat in the cafeteria for the first time ever. I'm sort of nervous about this also... will they pay attention to him and what he is doing and if he eats enough or eats at all. Also, I'm concerned about if he can open everything himself or if he'll need some help. I'm sure that since they are little kindergartners, they have some one watching over them to make sure all these things go smoothly and again that I'm worrying for no reason... but still I'm his mom, I'm supposed to worry.
~
~ Well Lauren & Brooke have out about 20+ books for me to read to them, so while it is nice and quiet here and they are interested I'm going to go read them a few books, we'll see how many we actually get through. ;)
~
*If I have some time later I will give an update of how Trevor's FIRST day went.

4 comments:

jenn said...

Okay, first off, I want you to pack ME a lunch! Wow, that was a lot of food!!!!!

Second, I bet he is doing just fine! Like you said, these are teachers who know how overwhelming things can be to the little ones, and they are truly helpful. I'm sure he will get off the bus this afternoon with a big smile on his face! Does he go full day or half day?

I felt so bad yesterday when boo got home and told me she did her homework wrong on tuesday. (that was the afternoon I had carson, matty, ashleigh, and my sister here) It was my fault. She was supposed to write her words 3 times, she did it once, and I didn't check. Talk about feeling like crap. She said when her teacher told her she did it wrong, she cried. I told her everyone makes mistakes, and she said her teacher said the same thing. I just felt like shit because it was MY mistake for not checking. So last night she insisted on writing them 3 times, plus all her other homework. This kid has got a good heart!

Okay, so I am babbling! Enjoy your girls today, and trevor will be back home before you know it!

Oh, and it's http://jenns--journey.blogspot.com

Pregnantly Plump said...

I hope he has a great first day of school! And that the girls enjoyed all 20 books! Little Elvis is much more into the 2 or 3 books 5 or 6 times.

Stephanie said...

I enjoy the quiet, always have since Lilly's first day of school. But I understand the worry part. It will go away in a few days, I promise! ;)

Rhea said...

I love that the whole family saw him off!! How sweet!

My boys like chapstick ok, but I think girls like it more.

I love your new profile pic!

~ Hi. Glad you stopped by. Come on in, kick off your shoes, put your feet up relax, grab a drink and stay a while. ~